people who talk absolute b**llocks about the speed they cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Dayvo said:
I was/am in a bad mood and wanted to let some steam off! :tongue:

Now that is a load of Old Buullocks :wacko:

As you are always a very pleasant chap :sad:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

yello said:
You can provide as many examples as you like of a lack of understanding but it doesn't prove a 25mph average is NOT possible. I only need to provide ONE example where the understanding is evident to prove that it IS possible. I have done so.
I didn't say it's not possible. All I'm saying is pointing out the phenomenon that most people on this forum seem to like to talk up their 'average' speeds.

Now you needn't get all shirty about it 'cos i haven't mentioned any names specifically, have I? why else would you get defensive about it if it didn't include you? The only reason I can see why you'd argue so vociferously for cyclists' average speeds being truthful is if you were guilty of exaggeration yourself, otherwise you wouldn't have a vested interest!

yello said:
As I say, that's all I need to show. As it happens, the first 100 where in at an average speed of 22.5mph or better.
Just because I believe some people can do it, doesn't mean I believe any person can do it.
The fundamental tenet of your argument that you, or indeed anybody on here, is that fast, seems to rest solely on proving that there's someone that can do it. which is, like I say, bollocks.

Milo

Guru
I live on me own bonj your point is a silly one.
Wrong again?

Noodley

bonj said:
I didn't say it's not possible. All I'm saying is pointing out the phenomenon that most people on this forum seem to like to talk up their 'average' speeds.

You concluded that anyone "talking boastfully" was not telling the truth. There is no evidence. When people have stated they can cycle at "evens" you accuse them of lying.

I return to my original position - just cos you can't understand something or do something does not mean it is not real. Get over it bonj and face the facts - you are a far worse cyclist than you think you are :sad:

dodgy

Noodley said:

So bonj, if someone rides 50 miles in 2 and a half hours that is an average of 20mph. Is this a lie or the truth? They may ride faster or slower during the 50 miles but the average will be 20mph. Yes?

bonj said:
That's almost definitely a lie. Unless they're a TdF fella.

bonj, as you've started wriggling, let me bring you back to this ridiculous assertion above. Noodley offered that it's perfectly possibly to average 20mph (and yes, it is possible) and you reckon you would need to be of TdF calibre to do so. Just how much don't you know about cycling and cyclists? Honestly, I've only been on this forum for a few weeks, but I don't think I've ever read such utter bollocks from a supposed cyclist on a forum before. Time and again I'm shocked at just how little you know, it's bloody staggering!

Seriously, my sister knows more than you and she doesn't own a bike!

So a question for you, how long have you been cycling seriously? Or have you yet to start, you know, seriously.

Dave.

Top Bottom