people who talk absolute b**llocks about the speed they cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

bonj said:
that's pretty believable for you yenners

So yenners can do it, and by your reckoning he's of a standard to ride the Tour de France...but everyone else is a liar.
:sad:

yenrod

Noodley said:
So yenners can do it, and by your reckoning he's of a standard to ride the Tour de France...but everyone else is a liar.
xx(

It appears :sad: pictures slant BOnj to beleive thee..!

Believe me when I say: an hour of that was FLAT-OUT (blood, sweat and tears) ! with 5 others.

Though I am gonna start doing it on my own - training on your own is better...you've got to try harder :smile:

Got to get my old-self back..

:ohmy: :biggrin: :ohmy:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Noodley said:
;)

yenners hasn't claimed an average speed of 25mph, he's claimed 18-19mph, I know yenners is a pretty fast cyclist, and the figures from his computer appear to tally with one another.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Dave5N said:
So. Bonj.

Come and beat my under-10s.

why don't THEY come and beat ME if they're that desparate to prove themselves, or should I say if YOU'RE that desparate for them to prove themselves, as it happens I'm not.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
bonj said:
yenners hasn't claimed an average speed of 25mph, he's claimed 18-19mph.

18.2mph
That right Yenners?

(got to wake up before posting. I thought he was talking MPH after completely misreading his thread! ;) )

yenrod

gambatte said:
18.2mph
That right Yenners?

(got to wake up before posting. I thought he was talking MPH after completely misreading his thread! :ohmy: )

40 odd km (25mls) in 1hr.30min' is pretty good; allowing for traffic/lights etc...

I beleive most average speeds are 'round 20mph etc...

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
But is this your average or your average of averages?

My slowest average is 9 mph with my family (very hard not to fall off!) (3.5 miles)

My Fastest average is 30.81 mph (on a turbo (so not real world!)) (10 miles)

Real world average fastest 19.5mph (16 miles)

Real problem is I’m not that fit, but I believe others are!

OP
OP
B

bonj2

how can your average on a turbo be 30 odd miles per hour? unless it was on a lorry - ona turbo in your garage, you're going 0mph.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Dayvo said:
So if you walk down the isle of a plane, does that mean you're walking at 504 mph?

er... no, because the frame of reference is the plane. When you're on a turbo in your garage, the frame of reference is the garage. I would have thought that was obvious...
Same as if you cycle down the aisle of a plane , not that it's allowed, but if you did - then you'd be going at some postiive speed - but if you were ona turbo in a plane, then you're going at 0mph (not that that's allowed either I wouldn't have thought.)

Top Bottom