people who talk absolute b**llocks about the speed they cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

bonj2

again, that's believeable, that's only slightly faster than slow old me cycles.

Rob S

bonj said:
how can your average on a turbo be 30 odd miles per hour? unless it was on a lorry - ona turbo in your garage, you're going 0mph.

Oh Christ, what a c.ock you are! I think every sensible person knows what doing 30mph on a turbo trainer means.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Well, I know Bonj isn't talking about me.
Commuting only, unfit and don't 'push it'. approx 14/15 mile each way. 16mph average.

Rob S

gambatte said:
Commuting only, unfit and don't 'push it'. approx 14/15 mile each way. 16mph average.

And I expect that's pretty good going when you take in to account the traffic, traffic lights and perhaps not optimum clothing. Certainly a better average than I get on the open road these days.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
gambatte said:

pfft! Don't lie! Unless you can replicate this in front of witnesses and experts it can't be true!!!

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Steve Austin said:
pfft! Don't lie! Unless you can replicate this in front of witnesses and experts it can't be true!!!

Damn, got me. Not going to do that (I can hear the call of the Victoria Sponge and Tetleys!)

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Did someone mention cake?!?

Rob S

Steve Austin said:

Yep...anyone who cannot provide names and addresses of independent witnesses....and if you have the address of a witness it is possible that this witness is biased towards you or could be the victim of intimidation by you, so his/her confirmation will be taken with a pinch of salt.....will be credited with 0 mph average speed.

simoncc

When I was younger and very fit and able to overtake road club outings quite easily I used to average 21/22 mph. Even now, trundling around at 17/18 mph I'm rarely overtaken. I ride in groups too, and the angling analogy mentioned earlier in this topic is certainly true.

Rob S

simoncc said:
I ride in groups too, and the angling analogy mentioned earlier in this topic is certainly true.

What's that? You have a faster average if your bike parts aren't made by a fishing reel manufacturer!?;)

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Rob S said:
Oh Christ, what a c.ock you are! I think every sensible person knows what doing 30mph on a turbo trainer means.

i was pointing out the pointlessness of using a turbo. Maybe the wheel will be rotating at the same speed that it would be if you were ACTUALLY doing 30mph, but you still aren't GETTING anywhere.

Rob S

bonj said:
i was pointing out the pointlessness of using a turbo. Maybe the wheel will be rotating at the same speed that it would be if you were ACTUALLY doing 30mph, but you still aren't GETTING anywhere.

I don't think anyone was suggesting you are getting anywhere. What next? You going to tell people that do a round trip that they're not getting anywhere because they're back where they started!?

Dear oh dear.

Top Bottom