people who talk absolute b**llocks about the speed they cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

bonj said:
see, any compulsive behaviour on this forum - you dare to complain about it and it just triggers more of it.

Compulsive behaviour? Like taking exception to things you don't understand or can't do? ;)

Milo

Guru
Getting slower in your old age?

Dave5N

Über Member
Freewheeler accreditation on the track at Halesowen requires children to be able to complete 1 lap (400m minimum) in a minute or under.

I make that 15mph?

These are 6 year olds.

Bonj? Still shite?

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Pass the cake Gambatte ;)

yello

Bonj, I don't understand you. Are you trolling? Several examples have been given whereby an understanding of 'average' is clear yet you persist in saying it's not possible.

I repeat, the guy in first on a sportive here on Saturday covered the 180km course in a little under 4 hours 15 minutes. There was nearly 2000m of climbing and it was pouring with rain. That's an average of a little over 40kmph, or around 26mph in far from managed conditions. I'll post the link to the official results (when they are published) if you like.

If you prefer tea drinking and cake eating statistics then I'm fine with that. No problem. Equally, dismiss riders talking of average speeds if you like. It doesn't have to interest you. But it does interest some riders and is motivational to them. Leave it at that eh?

Aint Skeered

You can take this how you want, but I race every week during the summer at a local airfield. Race length is around 30 miles, pan flat but can be windy.
Anyway average speeds tend to be around the 26-27 mph.
Of course thats riding in the bunch.
max speed last week 35mph.
Now riding on your own, thats a different story

dodgy

I've averaged 20 mph over 30 miles before now, not even in a race, just ambling along. It's not that big a deal! And I'm talking 'proper' average speed, you know, using a bike computer and not just glancing down when you're going 22mph and saying to yourself "that's my average speed, that is".

Dave.

dodgy

Question, how long has Bonj been cycling? I've seen people questioning his experience in other threads (I'm new here remember).

Dave.

Top Bottom