People with colds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I know about 10 people with stinking colds at the moment... 6 at work, and 4 close rellies. All of them have one thing in common ... not known to exercise. ;)

ACS

Legendary Member
I must be the exception that proves the rule. Deeside loop on Sunday, lost voice by Monday lunch now struck down with manflu.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Hope you feel better soon SB... no I was just struck that two of my nieces, both young and in their prime are complaining on facebook about having colds. Neither of them takes any exercise whatsoever beyond walking to the train station. My sister has one and a sis in law too. At work, there's a handful of people (all office bound, pasty-looking) all walking about with tissues poermanently to hand (it isn't hay fever... I've asked ;) ). These are the folk who are amazed by me cycling to work... I haven't taken a sickie in years, I don't think... just don't get colds... only thing I can think of is exercise (or lack thereof). I'm unhealthy enough in other ways (I drink too much beer and I smoke a bit too) but ... anyway, I'm starting to feel smug (which is unhealthy) so I'll stop now :biggrin:

tyred

Legendary Member
I used to never take colds but since I started cycling again, I seem to get two or three a year.

dodgy

Now I work from home I'm on an average of 1 cold per year. When I worked in an office it was 3 or 4 a year.
Working from home is really rather good ;)

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Same at my workplace. The unfit ones are the ones more prone to illness.

Exercise and a reasonably balances diet are great ways to boost the immune system and keep viruses at bay.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
dodgy said:
Now I work from home I'm on an average of 1 cold per year. When I worked in an office it was 3 or 4 a year.
Working from home is really rather good ;)

Same here... I think office air-con helped to spread germs. Working from home is more sanitary lol

Top Bottom