Perception of time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rewind back to 1993. I was 33 years old. Came to Norway to work (again) but fell into a kind of Sliding Doors moment. I had planned to go to Ghana (after my Norwegian contract was up) to work at a friend's school (he was deputy head) to teach English and sport. But I met a Swedish girl and followed my heart and ended up in Stockholm for 14 years.

Moved back to Norway and have been here this time for 10 years and seem to be staying here for the rest of my days (winters excluded) with my partner. I'm now 57 and have ten years until my retirement.

Where those 24 years have gone I have no idea. It's almost as though I want to say, OK, a joke's a joke, can I wake up from my slumber/dream and carry on being 33 years old again.

Dream on, Dayvo!

No regrets, though, no tears to cry....

I agree with your outlook @Dayvo , regrets should be saved for the things you haven't done not the things you have done.

mustang1

Legendary Member
That is really quite sad that someone would spend their last day working IMHO. Working is the last thing i would do.
Well I started thinking about that.
You wouldn't work on your last day. How about if you had 2 days to live? A week? A month? A year? A decade?

You see? How long do you need to have remaining before you decide you won't spend your last day/week/month/year/decade working?

OP
OP
U

User33236

As anticipated this evening catching up with old colleagues flew past

Hopefully tomorrow and it's anticipated busy day will pass equally as quickly.

Top Bottom