Personal Injury "Blackmail"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

I feel that some of you are failing to take this issue as seriously as you should. I hope you will treat my plight more diligently.

About six months ago I was pruning a small tree in the garden when I dropped the pruning shears. As I stepped back to avoid the falling garden implement I stood on my son's skateboard and went up on my a***! Butt cheeks were badly bruised, I was dizzy for about five minutes and the pruning shears are now slightly bent.

I was livid. I fired off a letter to British Telecom the next day, making sure to exaggerate my pain and suffering, and received a response within days. The b******* at British Telecom said:

"This has nothing to do with us"

You feel so helpless, little old pig against a behemoth like British Telecom, but unperterbed I decided to fight on. In my next letter I explained how my dog had burned his nose sniffing the oven and that vet's bills had cost me several hundred pounds, I didn't specify an amount as I'll wait to see what I think I can get out of them. I thought that warning them that I might go to a lawyer and get heavy on them might have done the trick but instead they responded:

I'm at my wits end, which admittedly isn't a long journey, and would like some expert advice. What would I need to do to get some cash out of this big company who I'm sure wouldn't miss it? I will do anything, well nearly.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
thomas said:
:sad: I've got an A grade GCSE in tech and an A level in it too so I'm used to working with perspex :whistle:

That puts a different perspextive on the matter.

tyred

Legendary Member
Mr Pig said:
I feel that some of you are failing to take this issue as seriously as you should. I hope you will treat my plight more diligently.

About six months ago I was pruning a small tree in the garden when I dropped the pruning shears. As I stepped back to avoid the falling garden implement I stood on my son's skateboard and went up on my a***! Butt cheeks were badly bruised, I was dizzy for about five minutes and the pruning shears are now slightly bent.

I was livid. I fired off a letter to British Telecom the next day, making sure to exaggerate my pain and suffering, and received a response within days. The b******* at British Telecom said:

You feel so helpless, little old pig against a behemoth like British Telecom, but unperterbed I decided to fight on. In my next letter I explained how my dog had burned his nose sniffing the oven and that vet's bills had cost me several hundred pounds, I didn't specify an amount as I'll wait to see what I think I can get out of them. I thought that warning them that I might go to a lawyer and get heavy on them might have done the trick but instead they responded:

I'm at my wits end, which admittedly isn't a long journey, and would like some expert advice. What would I need to do to get some cash out of this big company who I'm sure wouldn't miss it? I will do anything, well nearly.

You've just made a funny thread even funnier:laugh:

I am really going to have to sue you for giving me aching sides from laughing.

Can't you sue the manufacturer of the pruning sheers for comtributory negligence as they didn't make the shears with an anti-slip handle.

Mr Pig

tyred said:
Can't you sue the manufacturer of the pruning sheers for comtributory negligence

I intend to try. Seems they are in a place called China. I plan to go to China on Wednesday afternoon and ask around until I find the factory that made them.

Top Bottom