Pet Hates things you hate that other road users do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hazard lights turned on, when a car is parked in a row of parked cars - making it look like they are indicating to pull out.

Tailgating (specially when I am doing the speed limit and above, ffs).

Using a horn to let someone inside a building know you are there (someone new near me has a pickup that has started to do this, going to have words soon).

Not indicating at roundabouts.

Sitting on the brakes, without using the handbrake.

Every other car having a dead brake light, head light, misalligned light, fog lights, fog lights with side lights (wtf), etc

My biggest at the moment is people who reverse from their drive ways into the main road without looking, or leave their indicator running even though they will not b turning

This gets to me, its safer for them to reverse into their drive, when they have full vision of the road - short sighted and lazy is what it is.

Jezston

Über Member
I really don't know how you lot would get on here in Southern Spain.

Everything that's been mentioned so far is just commonplace and the norm here.

You would all be jibbering wrecks.

But saying all that, it seems that cyclists have a bit more respect here than in the UK.

That's something I always found in Paris - people drive like absolutely f**king brain dead maniacs - but are usually consiencous of cyclists.

Maybe because cycling isn't so inexplicably resented over there as it is over, itself a shame as we have some of the best cyclists in the world.

People who sit at traffic lights with their brake lights on, so two million watts of red LEDs shine directly into my eyes.
People who turn their fog lights on because they've heard the word "fog" on the radio.
People who get to the 100 yard marker before their junction on the motorway, then indicate, pull in in front of my lorry, brake and leave the motorway. Unless I happen to be in their way, then I'm afraid they're staying on the motorway until the next junction.:smile:
People who break the speed limit, especially in residential areas.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Oncoming vehicles abdicating their right of way to allow/encourage the driver coming up behind you to overtake. To add insult to injury, they seem to expect thanks for this. I just glare at the bastards.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Tailgating is the one that really annoys me, and speeding.
I love to cycle on Widdop Road, 'on the tops' between Colne and Hebden Bridge. Coming back towards hebden Bridge, there is a big dip on the road between Widdop reservoir and The Packhorse Inn and I always try to get enough speed up on the downhill to power my way up the other side in the big ring. It's one to be careful on though - at the bottom of the dip is a little singletrack bridge so I always look ahead to see if there is any oncoming traffic. It's also essential to scan the road and the verges for wandering sheep. Once I see the coast is clear, I go for it!

One fine afternoon I was on that stretch of road and was about to aim for the little bridge below. Sheep scan - road and verges clear; Oncoming traffic scan - no oncoming vehicles; Over shoulder scan - one car 250 metres back.

Condition Green - Engage Warp Drive!

I hit over 40 mph going over the bridge, powered my way up to the flatter section of road beyond it and sat up to recover. I looked over my shoulder and saw that bloody car a foot from my back wheel and its driver gesticulating at me to get out of his way! :eek:

The wind noise in my ears had drowned out the sound of the tw*t accelerating up behind me so I'd been completely unaware that he was there. If I'd had to brake suddenly or had hit a pothole, he'd have driven straight over me; he wouldn't have had a hope of avoiding me.

You could say that I wasn't a happy chappy ...! :angry:

jnb

Veteran
Poor indicating.
Using mobile phones while driving, it has a greater effect than drink driving so it should be an automatic ban.
Ill adjusted headlights, or simply people who don't dip headlights.
Bad parking.
Close overtaking
Tailgating
Cyclists without lights (or any other visibilty aid for that matter)

Cyclist jumping red lights.

Cyclists without light.

People riding bikes on the pavement.

400bhp

Guru
Everyone else on the road annoys me :whistle:

The annoyances (not the dangerous stuff) are the selfish actions of i) not indicating at r'abouts and ii)drivers playing the snake game, following the car in front on the wrong side of the road because their side is blocked, usually by parked cars :angry:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
That ambulance thing, when you pull in to let an ambulance (fire engine, police car) by, and the car that was following you won't let you out again, or tries to overtake you... grr....

Marbler

People who park on the pavement.
Cyclists on the pavement
Cars in the ASL althouth I don't always use it they should stay out
Scooters thinking the rules don't apply to them by drifting all over the road and/or lane

All of the above, and one more, the impatient driver who overtakes me only to jam on his brakes and make a right or left turn less than 50 metres after they have passed me, and if I'm doing 20+mph and there is no escape route I tend to use words my mother wouldn't be entirely happy with.

jnb

Veteran
And one more ...

cars who sit on my tail when I'm driving because I won't force my way past that cyclist / horse / break the speed limit / whatever else it is they would do but I won't (because obviously I'm a perfect driver and they're not.)

Top Bottom