Pet Hates things you hate that other road users do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
It's not those who don't signal who annoy me it's those who incorrectly signal... if you're not sure DON'T signal you'll cause far less confusion.

Simon_m

Guru
motorbikes, I hate them. Zooming up behind me and overtaking at breakneck speed in a 30zone. Then when I get to the cycle lane, they are driving down that so they can sit in the ASL! That's when I get really pissed and cycle infront of them and plonk myself right infront, blocking them in. If they dare to say anything I remind them about the Highway code and why the ASL is there. More then not, they say nothing because they know they should'nt be in them. Why? because when on the rare chance a police car is about, they sit behind the ASL and wait.

Brahan

Über Member
I hate:

Close passers
Mobile users
Left hookers
Overtakers who join a queue of traffic 10 metres ahead
Those who squeeze right next to you when stopped at lights rather than just stay behind
Those who rev rev rev behind you
Any cun7 who shouts sh1t or beeps when they're in the wrong
Those who react terribly when their driving skills are brought into question
Misleading signaling/indicating
Impatient cars behind me at roundabouts that want to turn right like me but don't seem to realise how vunerable I feel
Drivers who pull out in front of me without looking
Those who park in the cycle lane
Anyone who passes me on a blind bend/summit
Bus drivers that toot

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
That weird way some women have of cycling with their knees and feet turned in. What's that all about?

And men who ride with their heels on the pedals, rocking from side to side, saddle at the wrong height, bike in the wrong gear, blissfully unaware of road markings, traffic lights, etc.
huh.gif

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
Cycling uphill past a bus stop full of people and getting a lung-full of damn cigarette smoke. Same when passing the open window of a car at traffic lights.

benborp

Guru
Drivers that treat the whole experience as a video game by placing their sat-nav smack bang in the middle of their eye-line. A couple of times I've been SMIDSYed by people that couldn't see me because they were using their windscreen as something to attach their sat-nav to rather than a means of observing the outside world.

oxred81

Are motorbikes totally not allowed to use the cycle waiting bit then?
they irritate me. they take up the space wehre we should sit, forcing us to sit alongside the traffic.
i actually get really irritated by pedestrians - it's hard enough having to cope with traffic & potholes, without thinking 'that person seems normal and is looking for traffic, but is bike blind, and will therefore step out in front of me'.
No cars coming doesn't mean there's nothing else coming!!!

brokenbetty

Über Member
The iPod-lobotomised showroom new fixie-riding twunt who drifted from one side of the lane to the other without looking and missed my front wheel by an inch.

Wish I'd clipped him - 130lbs of Geordie on 50 lbs of vintage steel vs an E1 fop on a tin foil fixie, I know who'd I'd bet on!

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Are motorbikes totally not allowed to use the cycle waiting bit then?
they irritate me. they take up the space wehre we should sit, forcing us to sit alongside the traffic.

i actually get really irritated by pedestrians - it's hard enough having to cope with traffic & potholes, without thinking 'that person seems normal and is looking for traffic, but is bike blind, and will therefore step out in front of me'.
No cars coming doesn't mean there's nothing else coming!!!

No, they should not be in the ASL. I ride a motorbike as well as cycling, and one thing that pisses me right off is when other bikers filter round me and into the ASL when I've stopped behind the ASL! Especially chavs on hairdryers ...

Top Bottom