Pet hates when buying 2nd hand Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
One of the things that winds me up whenever i buy a new to me bike is how the previous owner wraps the bars .

I like to do mine from the centre outwards but it winds me when people do it outwards to centre and then use a bit of sticky tape to hold the end down in the centre .

There its of my chest and i feel better for it

Ajax Bay

Guru
Both ways of wrapping bar tape are equally valid. So the previous owner has done it right. Do you get wound up by people hanging the loo paper roll the 'wrong' way round as well?
If the bar tape's been put on wrong, then just don't buy the bike: it's a deal breaker.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Both ways of wrapping bar tape are equally valid. So the previous owner has done it right. Do you get wound up by people hanging the loo paper roll the 'wrong' way round as well?
If the bar tape's been put on wrong, then just don't buy the bike: it's a deal breaker.

must admit i do prefer it if the loo paper hangs at the front of the roll rather than against the wall

i think its the use of the sticky tape as much as the way its wrapped but its easily sorted

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
One of the things that winds me up whenever i buy a new to me bike is how the previous owner wraps the bars .

I like to do mine from the centre outwards but it winds me when people do it outwards to centre and then use a bit of sticky tape to hold the end down in the centre .

There its of my chest and i feel better for it
You are wrong, your way destroys the bar tape quicker.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
It has never occurred to me to start at the middle. What are the advantages of doing that?

DEFENDER01

Über Member
I am no expert on bar tape but there is certainly a right & wrong way to hang loo paper.
If i go round someones house and its facing the wall i turn it round.^_^
upload_2016-6-19_19-11-3.png

Top Bottom