Pet hates when buying 2nd hand Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well I never. I'll look out for those.

arundel-bar-tape-clips-169522.jpg Bar_Tape_Caps_Installed_OS_400.jpg
LINKY :okay:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Neat plastic fittings (about 15mm wide, secured with a small screw) which terminate the tape.
Thank you for that 'Arundel Bar Tape Clips' link @smokeysmoo . That is the latest version with 2 'cutouts' for these modern STI/ergos which allow the gear cables to take a path under the bar tape.
The tiny little screw and (embedded) thread are remarkably robust. And it does finish the job neatly.

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
I won the auction for a mountain bike from eBay a while ago, it looked great in the pictures but when I went to collect it, the bike wasn't the bargain that it first appeared to be. Knackered BB and headset bearings, and one of the tyres "with loads of tread" had developed alopecia. Unfortunately the owner wasn't present when I turned up and I dealt with a third party. I should have walked away but after an hours drive I wasn't going home empty handed. It's all sorted now but a lesson learned...

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I won the auction for a mountain bike from eBay a while ago, it looked great in the pictures but when I went to collect it, the bike wasn't the bargain that it first appeared to be. Knackered BB and headset bearings, and one of the tyres "with loads of tread" had developed alopecia. Unfortunately the owner wasn't present when I turned up and I dealt with a third party. I should have walked away but after an hours drive I wasn't going home empty handed. It's all sorted now but a lesson learned...
oh dear

Top Bottom