Pet strollers/dog buggies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Any of you have or had one? my little mutt has been struggling to walk lately. The vet said it was a bit of arthritis,rheumatism and middle age. He's always had difficulty walking,but now he's approaching 9 years old it's getting harder for him. I have my eye on the one i've linked in the video below. It's around £115. I like the sporty tricycle bigger wheel affect over the quad small wheel ones.
Any thoughts or comments would be welcome!:okay:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Like all the people who buy dog coats for their furry little friends... it's the owners that are barking, not the dogs.

Sadly the less he walks the worse the condition'll get... like humans.
9's no age, sorry he's suffering.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Like all the people who buy dog coats for their furry little friends... it's the owners that are barking, not the dogs.

Sadly the less he walks the worse the condition'll get... like humans.
9's no age, sorry he's suffering.
I don't intend sitting him in it all the time we're out. I'd use one when he's limping or when it's peeing down(which he hates). Yes,i know he'd get used to being ferried around and he's crafty enough maybe to feign injury so he doesn't have to walk,but i'd have to use it sparingly. Then on the other hand even when he's not limping he's hard, work as he's quite lazy and slow and it's like being on a bus with him. You get a bit of speed up then have to slow down while he sniffs and pees.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I don't intend sitting him in it all the time we're out. I'd use one when he's limping or when it's peeing down(which he hates). Yes,i know he'd get used to being ferried around and he's crafty enough maybe to feign injury so he doesn't have to walk,but i'd have to use it sparingly. Then on the other hand even when he's not limping he's hard, work as he's quite lazy and slow and it's like being on a bus with him. You get a bit of speed up then have to slow down while he sniffs and pees.
That's what dogs do! ... if you hate walking him you could get him a colostomy then he [you] can stay inside all day.

Try him on a glucosamine tablet every day for his joints and keep him exercising.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That's what dogs do... you could get him a colostomy if you want him to stay inside all day.
Dogs,as in male dogs spend more time sniffing and peeing than walking,i've found out. My mum used to say "i'd never have a dog(male)as they're always cocking their leg up". I used to think 'I bet she's making that up', but when i got my first male i found out she was so right!

There’s an old dog nearby who suffers from arthritis and had metalwork in hind legs. He gets carried about in a children’s bike trailer and loves it. Apparently when he was younger he used to run and walk for miles and enjoyed swimming in the sea.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There’s an old dog nearby who suffers from arthritis and had metalwork in hind legs. He gets carried about in a children’s bike trailer and loves it. Apparently when he was younger he used to run and walk for miles and enjoyed swimming in the sea.
Metalwork in hind legs done at the vets equals KERCHING!!!! at the till! Maybe i could get him a roller skate or a skateboard like the Jack Russell in the film 'Babe: Pig In The City'.:smile:

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
What are they?🤔

dog_bicycle.jpg

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Yes,he's neutered,though not my choice. His previous owner had him done. I always say you should only have something like that done if you're prepared to have it done to yourself! He's also chipped.
That's a pretty irresponsible attitude to have. There are too many dogs in rescue centres that are the result of un-neutered dogs doing what comes naturally.

midlife

Guru
Our pooch is on long term anti inflammatory meds for arthritis. Keeps her mobile, has the vet checked him out

Top Bottom