Peter Sagan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Reminds me of Valentino Rossi, when he does the wheelie. :smile:

Quite irresponsible behavior for a doctor ;)

kedab

Veteran

i am very much looking forward to watching the genius that is Mr Valentino Rossi upset many on the motoGP grid this term. now that he's back on a bike capable of putting him in the mix, i await some rather fantastic race win celebrations from The Doctor and his nutty fan club. i frikin love him i do :shy:

oh and Sagan, i think he's pretty cool. i don't mind his celebrations but can see why some might. i don't like his name though, reminds me Sagat in Street Fighter 2 - i didn't like him.

OP
OP
Pedrosanchezo

Pedrosanchezo

Veteran
i am very much looking forward to watching the genius that is Mr Valentino Rossi upset many on the motoGP grid this term. now that he's back on a bike capable of putting him in the mix, i await some rather fantastic race win celebrations from The Doctor and his nutty fan club. i frikin love him i do :shy:

oh and Sagan, i think he's pretty cool. i don't mind his celebrations but can see why some might. i don't like his name though, reminds me Sagat in Street Fighter 2 - i didn't like him.
Sagat? Thai kickboxing legend that he was!!! Bare knuckle and all that. You should be ashamed!! A legend in the Street ;) fighter franchise.

lukesdad

Given his talent, I have no problem with his youthful exuberance. After all, there's little evidence that youth messed the world up. It's when they get older and more cynical that the damage starts.
Here lies his problem, RR is conservative, his background mtb is not.

Paragan

Regular
Lol exactly.Peter loves Valentino Rossi.He was always waiting to watch Rossi's celebration after his victore and then he try on his bike as well:smile:)).
As is thread about Peter so I can write more things about him.Probbably some guys here knows some but anyway here it is:
1.He won his first race on sister bike which was from supermarket:smile:))(was obvoisly MTB race for kids)I thing he said this on his website.
2.Also he won race as a cadet even he was younger then other was together Czech and Slovak national cup on the road bike which was very similar to supermarket bike(even I saw somewhere on internet photo from strat where all cadets just was looking on his bike if he is really serious:smile:)) ) and he wan that race:smile:).(Here again you can see there wasn't too much money and better say he doesn't have father with any cyclist history who will pushing his son into cycling buy for him bike and have some contacts with pro teams atd.(hard to explain)
He was just buying old components and building his bike and then breaks frames:smile:))) all MTB
3.He was first year junior and world cup (road) he was with three Italians rider(second yrs.juniors) and he decided break and wining race like that.Three Italians just catch him and he finish fourth:smile:)).So he is not really wheel sucker as some people were saying after his a few victories.He is very aggressive rider by his natural.He is now learning tactics.
4.When Cannondale /Lig offer to him his first contract well that was great but if he can get the same contract for MTB team race in that time and his age he will go definitely for MTB team and not Road bike team b/c he loves mtb is more fun for him.Personally mtb suit him more.He always like to play with bike,know bike,try to find limits the bike etc.
5.Peter is very lucky he've got contract with pro tour team as he doesn't have father with any cyclist connections.This is maybe sound strange but in Slovakia,Czech there was and there is many talented riders but 95% of them will be never get chance in pro teams.Cycling in these countries is really in bad condition well actually any sport.So when people win a few stages is absolutely great and whole country just start talking about cycling.Kinds need there a new idol who will leading them and then kids can little bit more push parents so even whole families can start to riding together.Last summer I guess everyone was there wearing green jersey:smile:))

Well If he will be great cyclist that answear we will get after cca 10yrs.but he already gave to some kids hope and show them the way.

Hm another rant from me so I hope I don't offend anyone specially guys who don't like him. I love watching Cav.specially how he is finding his best position(in sec.) and timing sprint I don't know any better sprinter in this and of course he is super fast but all his work before sprint is just amazing(:smile:))) this wasn't about Peter but they are both great.
I wish to you great week guys.

yello

More fascinating background Paragan. Thank you! :smile:

This is maybe sound strange but in Slovakia,Czech there was and there is many talented riders but 95% of them will be never get chance in pro teams.Cycling in these countries is really in bad condition well actually any sport.So when people win a few stages is absolutely great and whole country just start talking about cycling.Kinds need there a new idol who will leading them and then kids can little bit more push parents so even whole families can start to riding together.Last summer I guess everyone was there wearing green jersey:smile:))

This sounds familiar. I'm sure the UK saw kids wearing yellow and pretending to be Wiggins. I'm sure the same is true for many countries when a local makes good.

It also possibly one of the plus points of the attention grabbing celebration; it makes the sport seem all the more attractive/exciting to youngsters.

It was a pretty crap wheelie though :smile: Rossi would do FAR better!! ;) ;) ;)

Radchenister

Veteran
I vaguely remember seeing Rossi on tv wheelying his moped as a newbie.

Sat here wondering if in my mid 40s I can still do wheelies - hmm, might have to have a go today; if I can do them then Sagan gets the thumbs up :biggrin:, if not I might decide to dislike him as I will officially be a cynical old git :biggrin: !

-------

Update: woohoo, I can still do wheelies, take that oldies :tongue: , Peter Sagan get's the thumbs up from me :thumbsup: !

Top Bottom