Peter Sagan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
No, just me being silly.

(I am still genuinely a big fan of Cancellara, btw.)

raindog

er.....
^_^

ghent2013-sagan-wins.jpg

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android

I don't actually mind that, its a bit of show boating and entertaining, I see that the same way as Cav's bunny hop. The celebration in particular that I dislike and the one I felt came across as arrogant as if to suggest that win was a walk in the park and he could in effect jog over the line was this one.

peter-sagan_2266383b.jpg

Certainly a talented guy though

Hip Priest

Veteran
I don't actually mind that, its a bit of show boating and entertaining, I see that the same way as Cav's bunny hop. The celebration in particular that I dislike and the one I felt came across as arrogant as if to suggest that win was a walk in the park and he could in effect jog over the line was this one.

peter-sagan_2266383b.jpg

Didn't he say that was a Forrest Gump impression? (I've not seen Forrest Gump so I wouldn't know for sure).

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman

peter-sagan_2266383b.jpg

But he actually said in the post interview it was an in joke with his mates back home who dared him to do a "forrest gump" run if he won, I don't think there was any serious hint of suggestion that it was a walk over.

Mr Haematocrit

Perhaps it was a joke who knows, I most certainly do not and as previously stated in this thread I may have Sagan all wrong, even after I became aware of the Forrest gump statement it changed little for me, I think its a distasteful celebration... I just don't like it.
The wheely is cool, the running is not imho

Mr Haematocrit

Where do you stand on his Incredible Hulk celebration?

I thought it was a little strange and perhaps a little egotistical but to be honest I never thought it was disrespectful. It most certainly was not cool.
A lot of what I do not like comes from his expression, in the wheely and hulk pictures he looks like he appreciates that he raced hard against other great cyclists and achieved something. When you look at the Forrest gump, or the chicken celebration images, he just looks a bit of a smug and cocky git.

Great question though :thumbsup:

beastie

Guru
Perhaps it was a joke who knows, I most certainly do not and as previously stated in this thread I may have Sagan all wrong, even after I became aware of the Forrest gump statement it changed little for me, I think its a distasteful celebration... I just don't like it.
The wheely is cool, the running is not imho
Come on, what's the difference? There's been grumbles about him disrespecting the peloton by no handies a wheelie up the Angliru etc. Bollocks, it's just a talented boy getting the zest out of life.

Top Bottom