Peter Sagan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Hi Guys,

Apologize in advance if my post is full of mistakes but English is not my mother language.Peter doesn't need any defenc. from my side this post was more about first try to understand culture where is come from,from what family ,his real personality etc.When you see him you always watching very very simply guy and very young boy.
Thanks.

Nice post and as i have said i think Sagan is uber cool anyway.

zizou

Veteran
Hi Guys,
Great to see some thread about P.Sagan and see how actually people see him celebrating his victories and calling him arrogant without the respect another cyclists.I was born the same city and did the same secondary school as his brother Juraj so I know them quiet well.First of all they are very simply guys and specially Peter just love and need always fun.I think his celebration are suit more in group of younger crazy guys who try to do fun each other when they win race.I understand older guys and specially cyclist stars like Fabian Ch.doesn't understand it which is fine.
One more thing and I think very important one:Peter loves cycling with his heart.It is sound like a Fraze but from his region is a few guys in pro tour teams and they are definitely different I mean different how they look on cycling,races and winning.They see cycling more like a job and making some money.Peter see cycling with his heart he needs to have fun because of his personality.I hope he will keep this for very long.Peter Sagan definitely respect very well every person(otherwise his Mum will be smack him:smile:)) but I will be not surprise if he wants to make time to time some fun from stars like Fabian and specially if he knows how he will react:smile:)))))anyway this is first year when people look at him like a new star but I think as I know his parents they will keep him on the ground as they have quiet close relationship.He is only 23 but mentally he is even younger.So better if people see him more in this way.Crazy young kid who really love fun and doing crazy things.

Apologize in advance if my post is full of mistakes but English is not my mother language.Peter doesn't need any defenc. from my side this post was more about first try to understand culture where is come from,from what family ,his real personality etc.When you see him you always watching very very simply guy and very young boy.
Thanks.

Nice post and your english is good.

He maybe older now and a pro cyclist but it wasn't so long ago he was just another kid uploading videos to youtube of himself doing tricks on his bike - If he wasn't a pro cyclist he'd probably still be doing that sort of stuff just playing about on his bike with his friends and having a bit of fun.

rockyraccoon

Veteran
Hi Guys,
Great to see some thread about P.Sagan and see how actually people see him celebrating his victories and calling him arrogant without the respect another cyclists....

It doesn't matter if his is arrogant or not, as long as he continues to put on a good show and to bring excitement in every race I am happy.. I see Pete Sagan as those young Brazilian footballers whose can transform football (in this case cycling) into a beautiful art form.

BJH

Über Member
I have seen post on here critical of us Brits suggesting we have a different view of our own riders compared to ten rest of the world.

I think the comments above should leave you in no doubt how highly this guy is rated.

I am looking forward to his next celebration for winning - wonder how long before others begin to copy?

Hip Priest

Veteran
I can't believe people are so frickin miserable about riders who add colour to a peloton which is generally quite anonymous.

That's a bit unfair. Sagan thrills me as a rider, but his antics aren't to my taste. I don't think they're disrespectful, it's just that I have a different sense of humour, and a different view of what is cool (note: the guy in my avatar is cool).

To me, his antics don't 'add colour', they're just a mildly irritating sideshow. The important thing is that he's a genuine once in a lifetime talent, and I look forward to watching him race for years to come.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
That's a bit unfair. Sagan thrills me as a rider, but his antics aren't to my taste. I don't think they're disrespectful, it's just that I have a different sense of humour, and a different view of what is cool (note: the guy in my avatar is cool).

To me, his antics don't 'add colour', they're just a mildly irritating sideshow. The important thing is that he's a genuine once in a lifetime talent, and I look forward to watching him race for years to come.

Fine, but read the post by Paragan above - all of what he is and does comes out of a genuine love for cycling. I just get a bit bored of people making judgements on how people like Sagan (and Cav gets this too) should behave. If he was doping, or cheating or riding dangerously or making stupid comments about other riders, then sure, condemn him for the particulars. But someone who is just so imbued with the joy of riding - leave that guy alone!

raindog

er.....
Watch this stage 3 of Oman from 21 minutes. Goosebumps at 22.10.

Stunning.
Yes, that was a good one, wasn't it? I've got a photo of that finish on my 'puter.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Fine, but read the post by Paragan above - all of what he is and does comes out of a genuine love for cycling. I just get a bit bored of people making judgements on how people like Sagan (and Cav gets this too) should behave. If he was doping, or cheating or riding dangerously or making stupid comments about other riders, then sure, condemn him for the particulars. But someone who is just so imbued with the joy of riding - leave that guy alone!

Ha! Well I guess some of us get a laugh out of chicken impressions and some don't. Each to their own.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I couldn't do it myself but I quite used to it back in Dunfie I cycle with this bloke ;)
20080608_SAM_ROBINSON_RR_CRAIG_HARDIE_500.JPG

Is that Mr Hardie by any chance?

Top Bottom