England : Cambridgeshire Peterborough - Anyone up for a ride Sunday 14th April?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Thanks for the ride, Mr Culture!!
Good to meet yet another CC bod, and I'll have to head over your way at some point.
It doesn't show, but both Andrew and I were wearing beer-related tops - Adnams for him and Fullers London Pride for me. Ms Fluffles let the side down, unless Rapha have suddenly started making ridiculously expensive but oh-so-tasteful alcohol..

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Thanks Andy! It was really a great day out and a pleasure to meet you.. :thanks:
Indeed we should head your part of the woods in the near future, where we can get lost safely! :whistle:

You will both be very proud of me to know that I managed to miss the next train as well, as I was lost into the Loola Land when they changed platform from 3 to 2.. :shy: So, I decided not to waste yet another hour and instead ride from Peterborough to Huntington or St Neots (depending on the mileage). My excellent navigating skills :becool: took me to an endless zic zag on the sides of A1 with relentless headwind. The country roads were completely exposed and at times I was really pushing for speed as slow as 8mph! It took me almost 0240h to cover 32 miles, but got to Huntington in time to catch the 1800 train to Sandy.. 71.2miles to my doorstep. Job done! :girldance:

Well, beer-related jersey would be completely wasted on me, if not ironic! A Toblerone one might have been a better idea! :mrpig:

Oh my! You must be exhausted! Kudos to you for the adventure of getting home!

Top Bottom