Petition for law change - Ebike Assist Limit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
what law wants changing?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
If it's so good & you support it why not advise what it's about, I won't be clicking a random link on a random website
its a UK government petiton....not a random website for god sake

change the title just for you

rugby bloke

Veteran
This is an interesting one - 15 mph is pretty much my average speed over a long ride so I can understand why this is picked as cut off point. However, checking the stats for my commute through London, which is essentially a series of sprints between traffic lights, and my top speed was 32 mph for a 47 second dash so I can also see why losing the electric assist at 15 mph would not be very helpful.
Having never ridden an e bike it would be good to know what it feels like when the electric assist cuts out - is there a dramatic change in the feel of the bike or does it just become slower and more sluggish ?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

This is an interesting one - 15 mph is pretty much my average speed over a long ride so I can understand why this is picked as cut off point. However, checking the stats for my commute through London, which is essentially a series of sprints between traffic lights, and my top speed was 32 mph for a 47 second dash so I can also see why losing the electric assist at 15 mph would not be very helpful.
Having never ridden an e bike it would be good to know what it feels like when the electric assist cuts out - is there a dramatic change in the feel of the bike or does it just become slower and more sluggish ?
it feels more sluggish and harder to maintain speed after the cut off point.......but when you can ride an ordinary bike at way above 15.5mph and car engines are not limited to speed or torque and motor bikes are not limited to speed or torque, then why should ebikes

OP
OP
J

jowwy

It would be good manners to explain what the petition you're asking folk to support is about.
Just saying 'read it and find out' isn't the way to sway your audience.
i posted a petition, i didnt post a debate on whether it should happen to try and sway people.........

D

Deleted member 26715

it feels more sluggish and harder to maintain speed after the cut off point.......but when you can ride an ordinary bike at way above 15.5mph and car engines are not limited to speed or torque and motor bikes are not limited to speed or torque, then why should ebikes
Mopeds are restricted to 30mph

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
US limit is 20mph and no insurance is required

Ah that's not so bad on road, although it's a bit different on trails getting an e-bike blasting past at 20 uphill, yikes - bad enough at 15 mph as they are often doubling your speed. Last few times I and other's from here, have been to Degla, the only bikes passing us were e-bikes, and they didn't half catch up quickly.

Top Bottom