Petition to Shimano to introduce cassettes starting with 14

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Pretty self explanatory.
I have no idea if it would work any more than petitioning for reintroduction of triples, however it just might be simply less work for them.
I believe very few of us would loose out without cogs nr 11, 12 and 13.
So apart from change.org how to get around to doing it?

Pretty self explanatory.
I have no idea if it would work any more than petitioning for reintroduction of triples, however it just might be simply less work for them.
I believe very few of us would loose out without cogs nr 11, 12 and 13.
So apart from change.org how to get around to doing it?
Why not just not use them? Do you want a 7 or 8 speed starting at 14, or 10 or 11 speed with closer cogs?

OP
OP
E

Eziemnaik

Über Member
10 and 11 speed.
I think these would be put to better use reducing the spacing further up the cassette..

Levo-Lon

Guru
Trickle down technology, you'll get a full 12 speed set up for a £300 bike soon.

However in 10 yrs a triple will be the new thing that everyone will want:laugh: Fashion init.

On a more serious note I live in the fens so use a 10t and 11 but if I was in hilly land I'd probably not need em

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
For my part I'd like a ten or eleven speed with closer ratios rather that the 11t which I never use. A 13t sprocket would be more than enough for me and I suspect many others so it should be offered as an option.

Yup
a 13-25 would be ideal for me for my roadie.
a 13-28 for my commuter/touring bike

figbat

Slippery scientist
For my part I'd like a ten or eleven speed with closer ratios rather that the 11t which I never use. A 13t sprocket would be more than enough for me and I suspect many others so it should be offered as an option.

Typically the bigger jumps between gears are at the larger end of the cassette, so why not a 11-23 or 11-25 cassette with 2 or 3 teeth off of the chainring? That way the whole drivetrain is smaller and lighter (and cheaper?).

Top Bottom