Pets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

domtyler said:
You must be totally off you rocker. £1300 on a stinking cat? It would've been over in two seconds with a spade in the back garden for me and i'd be a lot richer. £1300 on a stinking cat? What the hell is the world coming to?

A beautiful pet like that will provide more pleasure to a family than you could *ever* realise.

It's not about the money.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
A beautiful pet like that will provide more pleasure to a family than you could *ever* realise.

The sort of pleasure worth spending over 1200 quid on is illegal with a cat. He should have drowned it and bought the bike.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Abitrary said:

I hope you are right however I am looking at it right now and I'm not getting any pleasure, in fact, I feel like kicking it.

Abitrary said:

It is.;)

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Dabbing my eyes with laughing at this thread ;)

I hope you are right however I am looking at it right now and I'm not getting any pleasure, in fact, I feel like kicking it.
Hell, don't do that. It'll only cost you a shed load more cash and endanger any upgrade plans to your current steed ;)

Cheers

Chris :biggrin:

for the sake of £7 a month, you had to fork out £1200 and now blame the cat, not yourself. nice one.

when our cat got hit by a car and spent a month in intensive care while they tried to fix him before he sadly had to be put down, the bill would have been £2500 but I only had to pay, yes, £7.

domtyler

Über Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
now you have got me thinking....should i insure the goldfish?

A couple of fish round my way walked into chip shop, got into a fight and got severely battered, NO INSURANCE!!

domtyler

Über Member
I know, shame really as they were the life and 'Sole' of the party.

Cab

MarkF said:
Would you spend £1213 on a pet? He's not even a pedigree one mind, just a common moggy.

No. I would't. But she would, and this is why we don't have a cat or a dog.

We do have a giant African land snail, by the name of Lazarus. Vets bills on snails can't really escalate like that.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
trustysteed said:
for the sake of £7 a month, you had to fork out £1200 and now blame the cat, not yourself. nice one.

when our cat got hit by a car and spent a month in intensive care while they tried to fix him before he sadly had to be put down, the bill would have been £2500 but I only had to pay, yes, £7.

What sort of world are we living in when we can afford the time, expertise and money to have freakin scraggy moggy in intensive care for a month?

I am not insuring it, I don't feel like kicking him today but he's had enough out of me, over £1500 this year. I didn't even want the bloody thing but took it off a neighbour with mental health problems who couldn't cope with it, and this is the thanks I get:biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
Cab said:
No. I would't. But she would, and this is why we don't have a cat or a dog.

We do have a giant African land snail, by the name of Lazarus. Vets bills on snails can't really escalate like that.

Who's 'She'? The cat's mother?

ChrisKH

Guru
Cats, Schmats.

I wonder if you can cook 'em?

I've had a few since I was a small child and I have to say I wouldn't have one again if it was my choice. Yes, they can be lovely company and fun and cute so might be worthwhile if I was stuck in the house as a lonely OAP. But they're usually more trouble than they're worth and costly.

My last two were inherited from sister-in-law who split from boyfriend, went travelling and then moved into a flat which wasn't 'appropriate' for cats due to it being on an main road and we (wife and I) reluctantly agreed to have them. Within 6 months she had another cat and refused to take the other 2 back (I suspect they reminder her of her former boyfriend who was God on earth - but still slept with a workmate - not sure how you do that; she loved him, in-laws loved him even though he had gone on a Shagfest, but that's another story). Divine retribution arrived when aforesaid third cat got run over. Yes, I felt sorry for the cat, but I can't say I didn't smirk at the news.

Moral of the story - is there one? Don't trust your wife's sister (or her boyfriend).

Big Bren

I'm afraid in the circumstances described I would have retired to the back garden and performed a very delicate invasive procedure, involving a high velocity interface between the cat's head and a spade.

Having said that, you're daft for not insuring the thing - our cat was insured and on the occasions when he fell ill, they would provide us with a courtesy cat, free of charge. Often it was rather different to our own cat, but it certainly was a big help.

Bren

Top Bottom