Pets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
Just got my cat back from the vets today, he's been in a week for a lot of work doing. The final bill was £1213.00:ohmy:

I am looking at him now and "seeing" my dream bike sat there. Now if I had known the cost prior to commencing treatment, I am ashamed to say I honestly don't think I would have gone ahead.;)

Would you spend £1213 on a pet? He's not even a pedigree one mind, just a common moggy.

ash68

sorry mate would have bought the bike then seen what money was left over for the cat.;) A bike is for life not just for christmas, sod the cat.;):biggrin:

wafflycat

Have done!

As far as I'm concerned, when I take a pet on then I take on the responsibility for its health & welfare & if that includes a substantial vet bill, so be it. That's why I've not got zillions of cats - I can afford to look after the number I have, but no more. My three cats are family - just non-human members of the family - and they are my responsibility to look after.

Besides which - my Waffles looked after me when I suffered a long, chronic illness - she hardly left my side. So I returned the favour when she was in need of major medical care.

ash68

yeh,perhaps I was a bit harsh. Could have bought a bike for £1200, Then gone to cat and dog shelter for a new cat. £13 for funeral service for the old cat in the back garden. Best of both worlds,sorted.;):biggrin:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
ash68 said:
yeh,perhaps I was a bit harsh. Could have bought a bike for £1200, Then gone to cat and dog shelter for a new cat. £13 for funeral service for the old cat in the back garden. Best of both worlds,sorted.;):biggrin:

PMSL ;)

Seriously, that is a tough call. If my dog was ill then I'd spend what I could to get him well. £1213.00 is a bloody lot of money though:eek:

cheers

Chris

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
ash68 said:

:biggrin:

It's not as the kids take much notice of him since he's no longer a kitten. Black and white cats are ten a penny, I don't think it would have taken long to get one that looked pretty much the same....................;)

Fudge1.jpg

I knew insurance would be mentioned but after I spent £300 on the bloody thing in the spring I reckoned that he would not have any more "accidents". Not very sensible I grant you, but then I don't wear a helmet either.:laugh:

Bigtallfatbloke

Our pet Cocker spanial is insured...thankfully. However I would have to say that if he wasn't and it came down to a choice between his life and a new bike the bike would loose. He's one of the family....a bike is just a bit of metal at the end of the day.

...mind you , you said 'cat' right?;)

domtyler

Über Member
You must be totally off you rocker. £1300 on a stinking cat? It would've been over in two seconds with a spade in the back garden for me and i'd be a lot richer. £1300 on a stinking cat? What the hell is the world coming to?

stevenb

I love cats....they are part of the family...any pet is....we were lucky with our cat TC....through his 22 years he only required basic servicing....lol....as he was a big strong moggy. I miss him dearly. ;)

Top Bottom