Phew!! cyclist near miss at level crossing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Where did she cycle off to? Looking for somewhere to change her pants?

GC

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Holy Crap.. I bet she had to have a change of knicks after that.

No excuse there apart from utter, utter stupidity imo.
The barriers were down and easy to see, lights are flashing, other traffic is stopped and peds are crossing.

I hope she learned a very valuable lesson.

Tim Hall

A very lucky lady.
It looks as if the cyclist is filtering down the outside of traffic and forgets all about the level crossing.
These single barrier crossings are very dangerous, why cant they install double barriers! They allow people to jump the crossing.
If only they had visual and audible warnings to show that the barriers were down.

Oh, hang on, they do.

BSRU

A Human Being

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoS8tOeVFgQ

A very lucky lady.
It looks as if the cyclist is filtering down the outside of traffic and forgets all about the level crossing.
These single barrier crossings are very dangerous, why cant they install double barriers! They allow people to jump the crossing.

It looks more like she was trying to cross while the barrier was down, trying her luck to save a few precious seconds.
Hopefully she will realise the barriers are there for her safety.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It looks more like she was trying to cross while the barrier was down, trying her luck to save a few precious seconds.
Hopefully she will realise the barriers are there for her safety.
Maybe, but I dont think so, I have seen people do that, they tend to approach slowly and look before running across, where as she approached far too quickly, seemly oblivious to the crossing. When she brakes she nearly stands the bike on its front wheel, which suggests she is a bit surprised by the massive train about to kill her.

Top Bottom