Phew...it's a start!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Christopher

Über Member
So how close are you to your target, Punky?

BTW I saw two lovely girls on road bikes out near Chipping on Sunday, not you and Jane at all? ;) I was attempting to get up a steep little hill on a fixed and avoid the local 4x4 milk float...

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Big thank you Mickle, you are a star!!!! :biggrin: :ohmy: In fact you guys have all been amazing!!! It will make my sore bum so much more worthwhile!!! :biggrin:

Have reached £500 now, so at least I have met that target and can chill out a bit - everything from now on is just a very welcome bonus!!! :smile:

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Frustruck said:
So how close are you to your target, Punky?

BTW I saw two lovely girls on road bikes out near Chipping on Sunday, not you and Jane at all? :biggrin: I was attempting to get up a steep little hill on a fixed and avoid the local 4x4 milk float...

And no, unfortunately wasn't us - ours are mtb's and we haven't made it to chipping yet... :ohmy:

Christopher

Über Member
Never mind. However, if you do make it to Elswick, a mere 12 miles NW of Preston, there's a super ice-cream cafe there (Bonds) and it's open late into the evenings... pretty village too!

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Not making it anywhere at the moment...flat out with flu, today is the first day I've left bed even for a short amount of time (apart from visit to docs) since Thursday :angry: Timing very crap, too much to do to be ill and it messes my training up quite badly .... Then again, better now than in May, at least I've got time to get fit again!!!:angry:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Flu in April..... it's supposed to be an Autumn / Winter thing ! Feel for you...not good !

PS Don't ride on the flu (I know you don't feel like it, I have ridden on the flu as a youngster...it's not to be done, really not good for the ticker !)

Do not get back on the bike until you've shaken it off.

You can't borrow a turbo from someone can you? That'd be perfect for illness recovery and might help you fit some more training in as well.

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Well, temperature is back to normal, glands have gone down and I'm feeling a lot better than I did, just still rather drained. Suspect it wasn't "proper" flu anyway, otherwise I think I would have been a lot iller for a lot longer - plus I never got the bad cough you are supposed to have with flu. Anyway, going to have a week off the bike and then get back into it slowly next weekend...very annoying, but hey, it's one of those things...the girl I caught it from got it a lot worse and is still really ill with it after two weeks, so I suppose I've been lucky in a way...:ohmy:

Top Bottom