Phew...it's a start!!!!

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by punkypossum, 20 Mar 2008.

1. punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

After weeks (in fact almost 3 months) of not having been on my bike for various reasons, I finally managed to squeeze a ride in tonight. Only 10 miles, but they felt effortless (yes, admittedly it was flat), and I could have kept going but my friend was flagging a bit. I know it's not much, but I had started to feel really worried with Amsterdame looming on the horizon and not having done any training. Feels like the 10miles got me back into cycling mode and once I was out, I absolutely loved it. And there is a bank holiday coming up, so hopefully that will be a chance to squeeze in some more longer rides, so I'm generally feeling a lot less stressed about not being able to cope once we get to May. Hadn't realised how much I missed the cyling!!!

Also, the sponsorship raised so far has now reached the grand total of £399.82, I still need at least another £100 pounds, but although I have exhausted most of my contacts, it feels like I have climbed over the biggest hurdle, so overall I'm feeling much more positive!!! :smile:

Just thought I'd let you know - I suspect nobody is interested, but hey, it made me feel better! :thumbsup:

2. longers

longers Veteran

A positive frame of mind is very important. Sounds like you got yours :tongue:.

3. OP
    OP
    punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

Lol, yeah...let's see how long it lasts! :tongue:

4. Rab

Rab Über Member

Well done PP

I had a similar 3 month lay off at the end of last year.

I was quite worried that I would have lost the ability to knock in miles, but it soon comes back.

Now keep at it :tongue:

5. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Make that £90 to go! :smile:

6. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

7. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Nice one John, I wonder if we can clear her balance by the time she logs in next?

8. Crackle

Crackle Pah

9. OP
    OP
    punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

AWW!!! Fantastic!!! Thanks a lot you 3, that's great!!!! :rolleyes::smile::ohmy:

10. Christopher

Christopher Über Member

Bit less now

BTW I see that the entire Amsterdame contingent are taking the overnight ferry from Hull on the Saturday. A party of fifty or more women on a ferry with a few bars? Has this been thought through?

*goes away to look up ferry times from Hull...*

11. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

What is the date of this crossing again? ;)

12. OP
    OP
    punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

13. OP
    OP
    punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

And another huge thank you goes to Frustruck and Longers, really appreciate it guys!!!! :biggrin::smile::tongue:

14. simonali

simonali Über Member

I did anuvver tenner, as it's payday today. xx(

15. OP
    OP
    punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice