Phew...it's a start!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After weeks (in fact almost 3 months) of not having been on my bike for various reasons, I finally managed to squeeze a ride in tonight. Only 10 miles, but they felt effortless (yes, admittedly it was flat), and I could have kept going but my friend was flagging a bit. I know it's not much, but I had started to feel really worried with Amsterdame looming on the horizon and not having done any training. Feels like the 10miles got me back into cycling mode and once I was out, I absolutely loved it. And there is a bank holiday coming up, so hopefully that will be a chance to squeeze in some more longer rides, so I'm generally feeling a lot less stressed about not being able to cope once we get to May. Hadn't realised how much I missed the cyling!!!

Also, the sponsorship raised so far has now reached the grand total of £399.82, I still need at least another £100 pounds, but although I have exhausted most of my contacts, it feels like I have climbed over the biggest hurdle, so overall I'm feeling much more positive!!! :smile:

Just thought I'd let you know - I suspect nobody is interested, but hey, it made me feel better! :thumbsup:

longers

Legendary Member
A positive frame of mind is very important. Sounds like you got yours :tongue:.

Well done PP

I had a similar 3 month lay off at the end of last year.

I was quite worried that I would have lost the ability to knock in miles, but it soon comes back.

Now keep at it :tongue:

domtyler

Über Member
punkypossum said:
Also, the sponsorship raised so far has now reached the grand total of £399.82, I still need at least another £100 pounds, but although I have exhausted most of my contacts, it feels like I have climbed over the biggest hurdle, so overall I'm feeling much more positive!!! :biggrin:

Just thought I'd let you know - I suspect nobody is interested, but hey, it made me feel better! :tongue:

Make that £90 to go! :smile:

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
AWW!!! Fantastic!!! Thanks a lot you 3, that's great!!!! :rolleyes::smile::ohmy:

Christopher

Über Member
Bit less now

BTW I see that the entire Amsterdame contingent are taking the overnight ferry from Hull on the Saturday. A party of fifty or more women on a ferry with a few bars? Has this been thought through?

*goes away to look up ferry times from Hull...*

domtyler

Über Member
Frustruck said:
Bit less now

BTW I see that the entire Amsterdame contingent are taking the overnight ferry from Hull on the Saturday. A party of fifty or more women on a ferry with a few bars? Has this been thought through?

*goes away to look up ferry times from Hull...*

What is the date of this crossing again? ;)

Top Bottom