Cranberry sauce and Camembert are good or grapes if she wants an additional flavour in there .. but no sugar doesn't sound as good (though I do remember that treat of sugar sandwiches as a child at my grandparents or if my parents were out!).
Deep Fried Camembert with Raspberry Sauce Veg HT HD 20mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Fruit Appetizer Starter Hors d'oeuvre
4 x 25g/1oz triangles of Camembert Cheese
1 Large Egg, beaten
50g/2oz Fresh Breadcrumbs
25g/1oz Caster Sugar
125g/5oz Fresh Raspberries
½ teasp Arrowroot
Oil for Deep frying
Baby Salad Leaves to serve
1. Place the egg in a shallow wide dish and beat well. Place the breadcrumbs on a plate.
2. Dip the Camembert firstly into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs, turning to coat on all sides. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
3. Place the Raspberries in a pan, reserving a few for garnish, together with the sugar and 4 tablespoons water. Bring gently to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Blend the arrowroot with a little cold water and stir into the sauce to thicken slightly.
4. Meanwhile, heat the oil for deep frying to 180C, 350F. Fry the breaded camembert for 3-4 minutes until golden brown then remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
5. To serve - transfer the brie to individual plates, pour a little of the sauce over each portion of brie and garnish with the salad leaves and reserved Raspberries.
Yes I live with a lunatic my hubby, just the other day we went into our local motor part store to get some straps for the roof rack. whilst waiting for one of the assistant's to have a look in the storage room for more straps my hubby pick up a black bucket that looked like darth vaders helmet and said "Luke I am your Father" ROFL he had the girl at the checkout and me in stitches. I wouldn't want him any other way.