Phone zombies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Has the phone zombie virus become more virulent lately? I hadn't seen one for ages until Friday night's ride.

I'm keeping left, she appears to be walking towards me, also keeping to her left......

....then suddenly holds her phone up to get a better signal or maybe take a selfie, still walking but now diagonally straight into my path....

....and carries on to the edge of the path, her zombie brain oblivious to the oncoming traffic. :rolleyes:

Sunday afternoon....

This looks like a family out for a Sunday afternoon walk. But the woman in the middle is really a zombie!!:eek: She holds onto a child with her left hand, while intently staring at the phone in her right....

....and her zombie brain fails to notice the kerb and she falls flat on her face. :ohmy:

Anyone else's neighbourhood beginning to look like a scene from 28 Days Later?

classic33

Leg End Member
Geocaching maybe!

Has the phone zombie virus become more virulent lately? I hadn't seen one for ages until Friday night's ride.

View attachment 548471

I'm keeping left, she appears to be walking towards me, also keeping to her left......

View attachment 548472
....then suddenly holds her phone up to get a better signal or maybe take a selfie, still walking but now diagonally straight into my path....

View attachment 548473
....and carries on to the edge of the path, her zombie brain oblivious to the oncoming traffic. :rolleyes:

Sunday afternoon....
View attachment 548474

This looks like a family out for a Sunday afternoon walk. But the woman in the middle is really a zombie!!:eek: She holds onto a child with her left hand, while intently staring at the phone in her right....

View attachment 548475

....and her zombie brain fails to notice the kerb and she falls flat on her face. :ohmy:

Anyone else's neighbourhood beginning to look like a scene from 28 Days Later?
Nowhere near as bad in London, especially when they're driving cars and are on their phones.....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nowhere near as bad in London, especially when they're driving cars and are on their phones.....

Indeed.
Got wiped out big time once by a phone zombie ped. Just decided to cross the road between parked cars whilst I was overtaking and wiped me out. Luckily no traffic coming the other way.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
All the time, and then the 'extending lead zombies' - the dogs know where they are going, the owners, not so. :rolleyes: Or how about phone and lead zombies, my word, no chance.

Also headphone zombies, nothing other than shouting works. O

Or how about the extending lead zombie herds - oh my ! Thank god for 4 pot hydraulic brakes and good tyres, and reactions of a jet fighter pilot (OK slight exaggeration). Cycling down a farm lane, could see one 'lead' zombie on a bend, so slowed right down, as I got nearer, a whole herd all over the road. Fortunately these zombies were rather scared of a bike, and I didn't get eaten.

OP
OP
Mr Celine

Mr Celine

Discordian
All the time, and then the 'extending lead zombies' - the dogs know where they are going, the owners, not so. :rolleyes: Or how about phone and lead zombies, my word, no chance.

Also headphone zombies, nothing other than shouting works. O

Or how about the extending lead zombie herds - oh my ! Thank god for 4 pot hydraulic brakes and good tyres, and reactions of a jet fighter pilot (OK slight exaggeration). Cycling down a farm lane, could see one 'lead' zombie on a bend, so slowed right down, as I got nearer, a whole herd all over the road. Fortunately these zombies were rather scared of a bike, and I didn't get eaten.
Out here in the sticks we also get phone and headphone zombies on horseback. In these cases the horses are more sensible than the riders and I make sure they are aware of my approach but the zombie on top is often spooked.

Top Bottom