Photos atop your favourite climbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here is a view of the mountains of Cambridgeshire !!!

Screenshot (1).png

Yup, that's about as good as it gets !!

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Bealach na Ba, Applecross Peninsula, Scotland 2014.
622 metres straight up from sea level. Can't wait to do it again next year.
53z.jpg

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Where's the bike? :whistle:
Its a blue one and he's holding it above his head .

clid61

Veteran
Not he biggest, longest or most famous , but ones I ride regularly and try mix up ways I go up them . Sheep hills , parbold hill and billinge hill

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Descending Tourmalet. Probably my toughest ever day on a bike. Soaking wet. It was close to zero at the top (it was July!), brakes useless, hands numb and frozen solid. Epic.

557748_439262316131764_241392940_n.jpg
Damn, can't see the image, as my work proxy blocks Farcebook. :sad: I thoroughly enjoyed my ride up the Tourmalet week before last. It was warmer, though, with temperatures in the 20s.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
From back in August - Col de la Bonette, and Cime de la Bonette at 2802m. Well worth a detour south from the possibly more famous Alpine cols. (More on my occasional blog https://unanglaisendiois.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/col-de-la-bonette/)

In this photo, you can just see the road snaking down in the distance. Hardly anyone goes down that side, and what you can see is only half the descent to St Etienne. So we went down there (1700m of descent) for lunch, then came back up. A 70-mile, 10,800ft-of-climbing day.

But stunning, even if you only go to the Cime, and turn round to return to Jausiers.

wp-1470085945459.jpg

So myself, @Trickedem and @rb58 climbed the Pico de Valeta in the Spanish Sierra Nevada mountains.
Chapeau! PdV was originally on my itinerary for this year but I started too late in the year, a 1600km detour through Spain in June would have ended badly. It's still on the list :cry:

Bealach na Ba, Applecross Peninsula, Scotland 2014.
622 metres straight up from sea level. Can't wait to do it again next year.
View attachment 145649
A truly magnificent climb. I'd certainly rate it up there with anything in the Pyrenees.
Did it twice last year, in various states of distress. First time, in April, quite content to pace myself up it until the ramp before the switchbacks.
Much worse the second time round, in September, not sure why. Definitely nothing to do with accidentally breaking away from literally everyone on the very first climb of the day... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom