Photos atop your favourite climbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aguppy

First of 3 times up Mt Ventoux.....Top o the Malaucene ascent
C0813-NORD-dav_0241.JPG

TeeShot

Veteran
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Woodhead pass waiting to see The Tour come past

Top of Newlands Pass in the Lakes

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
It was great actually. Started off by getting gritted as a gritter passed me at Dinting before I made the climb. On the Snake itself I used my SolarstormX2 which gave more than enough light on #2 for the slow climb. All the cars that passed me gave plenty of room and went by carefully :okay:
On the way up the hill the sky was brilliantly clear and the stars were bright, Orion was right above me and I planned on trying to take a photo of the stars when I got to the top but when I got there the clouds had blown in and no stars to be seen :sad:. Really peaceful at the top.
Coming down was fun, switched the Solarstorm onto full power and it was more than bright enough for the job. I will have to guess what my descending speed was as the Solarstorm knocks out my Cateye Wireless computer :cursing:. Probably 40+mph going off previous trips.
As I rode back through Glossop I passed the big windows of the Oakwood pub and thought I caught a Glimpse of @nickyboy propping up the bar. Decided not to pop in for a pint!

OP
OP
blazed

blazed

220lb+
What a great thread!

Here are a few of my favourites from last year
Creating great threads is what I do.

OP
OP
blazed

blazed

220lb+
Where is the other one?

:okay:

I think everyone started to realise that I was something greater than most people from this thread.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I got recorded my highest speed to date coming down off Snake Pass. Only 44.5mph but then I am a bit of a scaredy-cat. It's a fun descent though.

Snake descent to Glossop is one of the best. Not stupidly steep (6-8%) but nice and long (3 miles), good sight lines, decent surface and only that tricky left hander past the golf club to worry about. Catch it with an Easterly and 50 is achievable without too much effort.

Big easterly tomorrow and nice dry surface :okay:.....but I'm doing a recce of my Llandudno ride so I'll leave it for others to enjoy

Top Bottom