Photos atop your favourite climbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is by no means a huge climb from any of the 3 directions but some nice loops can be put together taking in that summit and there is always a good descent to look forward to
Not huge in terms of gradient, but it does drag on a bit, especially with 75 miles in the legs and Oxenhope and Blubberhouses already behind you. Descent is well worth it though :okay:

I guess you're aware of the link with 'The Rider'?
Just trying to track down a copy of that as we speak...

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
fotor_(265).jpg

Somewhere in the french/swiss alps last week...cant recall where, was too bloody tired from skiing for 45 miles.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
View attachment 117643

Or this one of a riding conquest, atop drummadrocit (sorry spelling that without the help of google) Scottish highlands, after 800 miles over 8 days...magical place.

Edit, that's not me in the shot but my long term ride buddie, apparently wearing someone else's lid!
You mean Drumochter? ^_^ The second picture is @Fubar when we got to the top.

theloafer

Legendary Member
this is the highest I have ever been(on my bike)in 2002 feb...... a ctc cycle tour of Venezuela
Pico El Águila
Mountain in Venezuela
Pico El Águila is a mountain in the Cordillera de Mérida of Venezuela. It has a height of 4118 metres and is located in Mérida, Mérida.Wikipedia
Elevation: 4,118 m
Mountain range: Andes
the pic is of me going a little bit higher on a service road behind the café for the tv+radio mast to get past the 5,000 m most of the group made it up there and back down safe ^_^ and before you ask yes there is very little air

2016-02-01 17.00.17.jpg

2016-02-01 16.59.33.jpg

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I guess you're aware of the link with 'The Rider'? Mont Aigoual looks great.
No I don't know, what is it? Mont Aigoual is a good climb, and also it crosses the route of Stevenson's "travels with a donkey" and so you're likely to see a few donkeys loaded up with camping gear, which looks a fun holiday.

RedRider

Pulling through
No I don't know, what is it? Mont Aigoual is a good climb, and also it crosses the route of Stevenson's "travels with a donkey" and so you're likely to see a few donkeys loaded up with camping gear, which looks a fun holiday.
It's a novel by Tim Krabbe about a racing cyclist and his thoughts as he takes part in the 'Tour du Mont Aigoual'. There's a copy that does the rounds on this forum's 'Book Raffle' but it's worth getting hold of this slim volume for yourself cos it's one of those that can be read again and again.
I've just found a blog by a bloke who rode this fictional tour in real life. Here's a link.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Forgot this one .... from an earlier ride (in 2010) up the Mam Rattagan Pass, overlooking Loch Duich. One of my favourite climbs, inspired by Claire Balding's TV series "Britain by Bike" (? I think that's what it was called). A great ride, that one, leading to the little car ferry over to Skye, or to the "Ring of Bright water", the old Bernera Barracks, the Highlander's memorial and a number of the pictish brochs. Amazing views from the picnic site near the top on the East side.
17 Mam Ratagan Pass 2.jpg

Top Bottom