Photos atop your favourite climbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I love climbing The Talla Wall but actually think the climb from the south is as tough as its still pretty steep at points but is a far longer climb especially into the wind.

Great route round St Mary's Loch and back over to Peebles.
I've done Talla that way... the wind was so strong it brought me to a dead halt at one point, and had me shouting/swearing at it, probably to the amusement of the local sheep population:

11745927_10153517137194740_812113251433013733_n.jpg

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Winter's Gibbet, Northumberland (OK, the pic doesn't show the road, and the gibbet has lost its head, but it's a great climb)

1918146_209482124739_900386_n.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
Good grief, Fnaar - that's weather for staying indoors with cake!

He took that in July.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Good grief, Fnaar - that's weather for staying indoors with cake!
He got caught out - 10 minutes before that the sun was shining as he rode towards a cafe for the cake!

(Not quite that bad but I did get caught out by a freak hailstorm on the hills round here once. I set off in sunshine but then a big black cloud blew over and dumped huge hailstones everywhere! I took refuge in a bus shelter for a few minutes until the sun came back out, but I couldn't ride for a few hundred yards because the road was too slippery. A quarter of a mile further on, it was as though nothing had happened!)

Top Bottom