Picked up theee bikes for £15 looks great but need help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
IMG_0485.JPG
IMG_0483.JPG
IMG_0486.JPG
Got these today £5 each looking to do them up and sell them on or maybe keep but I've no idea what I have,all show minor rust the kids one is the worst by far but even that looks rideable.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
WOW

Cycleops

Legendary Member
What a bargain. Look to be from the mid/late eighties I'd guess. Probably don't need much doing just a clean and lube. Are the wheels straight? I mean not buckled. The folder looks a gem.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
All wheels are fine abit rusty and need greased but luckily it's all surface rust so no major damage a light brush with a soft sponge is getting it off I think I've really hit a gem with them

Reactions: mjr

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Indeed , round here people either expect to much for a piece of rust or list bikes that have sat in the shed for the same price they bought it for .

I was looking at a child road bike that was well used that no one bid on because the seller wanted more than double what you paid for all 3 as a starting bid , he listed it twice with no bids so i messaged them with a fair offer and its still sitting in their shed.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I wouldn't sell these at too high a price I'd be happy for them to be put back in I'll working order then go to someone who will appreciate them, I can imagine the little folder being an ideal commuter for a student or something.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
The little Raleigh Racer is the later model of one I owned in the mid 80s when I was around 12, mine would have been a 1980 model, I reckon yours is probably 87 or thereabouts.
Awesome buy, with a bit of TLC and a few cosmetic touches it's a rider!

TrishE

Über Member
I've got a hercules compact fun to nip to the shops on but would be more suitable for a child, I would have loved it when I was ten, I had a Raleigh stowaway as a teenager :smile:
IMAG1059.jpg

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Chapeau & can I borrow half your luck, I never seem to spot the bargains.

They all look great, I'd love to have a chat about the foldy shopper when you're ready to move it on. I'm trying to be disciplined with n+1 but I've wanted one like that for a while.

dim

Great bargain, however, I would clean them, then sell them on ebay for a hefty profit

then, save up a bit more, and search ebay in Spring next year and get another bargain that you will keep for long, and use often

looking at those bikes, on ebay you can expect £60-£70 per bike but you would need to list them with a buy it now at £80 with best offer .... be patient and dont accept less than £50 .. that would give you £150-£180 min ..... add another £150 and you will get a really good bike off ebay if you are patient and search ebay daily for new listings

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
The Cobra was on sale in about '91 for around £80 in B&Q and such like.
I had to try and repair one by the roadside near Cherbourg when the freewheel fell to bits - bearings everywhere!
Ir was about 5 months old at the time...

Top Bottom