Piercings & Tattoos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Photos or it didn't happen :laugh:

Where? :unsure:

On second thoughts best nor answer as this is a family forum :okay:
:becool:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
That I can understand for younger people but when you're past say thirty it just looks a bit strange. Who are you trying to impress? Piercings you can rid of but tats are there for good.
I don't think it is a matter of impressing, although no doubt some people have them for that reason.
I used to work with a woman who had a back tattoo, on the base of her spine. She and some of her friends had the same tattoo in memory of a friend of theirs who died in his late teens/early twenties.
I don't have a tattoo, but I understand the more boney the area, the more painful the tattoo is. The spine was chosen by them deliberately.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I don't have a tattoo, but I understand the more boney the area, the more painful the tattoo is. The spine was chosen by them deliberately.
So did they think their friend would like them to remember them while going through pain? Stranger and stranger. As I said I can never fathom the reasoning so I'll just shut up.

Watching these things over the years, with the exception of fashion tattoos, I sense that those with piercings, tattoos, including those in subcultures such as Goths, Punks etc had a deep story to tell. I had schoolmates that went into it but they were generally reticent and tend to be alone. But genuinely nice to talk to. For some reason they would turn down an invitation to a party or a gathering. They were oddly not interested in sports but interested in creative things and specific genre of music.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
There's a no doubt scurrilous rumour that a prolific poster on this forum (approaching 50000 posts) has a dick jewel! :ohmy:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
8da0afc39c0828239889bc0c426f8361--epic-beard-old-men.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
From the age of 15* I wanted an ear piercing. I still think that, for a man** a small ear stud can look good.
**imo women can get away with more dangly earings.
*aged 74 I still think of getting it done.
What think you......should I go for it ?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
In a moment of drunken student experimentation, I poked a safety pin all the way through my ear lobe. It really didn't hurt at all but it took a surprising amount of force. It only stayed there for a couple of minutes before I decided that I wasn't that keen on the look.

BTW, if you go for an MRI scan they give you all manner of warnings about piercings. Those machines are amazingly powerful at attracting ferrous objects, as I discovered when my SPD cleats got caught in the magnetic field.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
From the age of 15* I wanted an ear piercing. I still think that, for a man** a small ear stud can look good.
**imo women can get away with more dangly earings.
*aged 74 I still think of getting it done.
What think you......should I go for it ?

Go on - push the boat out and to hell with what anyone else thinks.

We, wife and I, long ago stopped caring what other people think.

We have a lifestyle that is, at times, slightly divergent from the usual road travelled and the naysayers can bugger off - we are partying all the way to the grave even if they think we are nuts.

Re an earing: looks great on many men, even older ones imo, and tbh is small beer in the grand scheme of things.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
In a moment of drunken student experimentation, I poked a safety pin all the way through my ear lobe. It really didn't hurt at all but it took a surprising amount of force. It only stayed there for a couple of minutes before I decided that I wasn't that keen on the look.

BTW, if you go for an MRI scan they give you all manner of warnings about piercings. Those machines are amazingly powerful at attracting ferrous objects, as I discovered when my SPD cleats got caught in the magnetic field.
😅

Were you in a maternity ward pose by any chance?

Top Bottom