Pilot Bikes, Dutch Ti frames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
As I’ve just bought my first Ti bike a used VN Amazon, I stumbled across this thread, top work as usual @JhnBssll that really is a beautiful bike.

Thanks mate, I love her. She's as beautiful to ride as she is to look at - so smooth over the tarmac and pretty quick to boot :becool: I figured I best update this thread as I've replaced the wheels (as per my wheel build thread) and made a few other minor changes :okay:

As you may have seen, I went on a bit of a wheel-building spree this year and built 4 new sets :laugh: Two of those sets will be used on this bike - a pair of 56mm carbon rims on Purple Hope RS4 Disc hubs for summer use, and a pair of 36mm carbon rims on Black Hope RS4 hubs for winter and windy weather etc.

Here she is wearing the summer wheels:

And again with the lower profile rims:

I've also swapped out the thru-axles that came with the frameset for a pair with a telescopic folding lever like the Bianchi XR4 comes with, they're such a neat solution that I wanted to carry it over to this bike too so when I finally found them advertised I snapped them up :okay:

I've also been working on some mudguard mounts (for most of the year on and off :laugh:) and have finally got the finished brackets printed in solid grey resin and fitted, so she's all ready to go and splash in some puddles now :tongue:

I've got a right side stages power meter on the way, but once that's fitted I've got no plans for any further changes - I've finally got her just as I want her :becool:

Harry Jacques

You are staying busy with that beautiful bike john😀😀i am curious what will be the next step😀😛

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Hey john, next wednesday i am going to Pilot, for it s a journey of 2 hours by car, to make a test drive/trial ride on the pilot scram pinion. Hope to become part of the pilot family very soon🚴🏼😀

That's very cool, I'm pretty jealous that you'll get to see their place! You'll have to let me know how you get on! :okay: We will of course want photos :laugh:

Harry Jacques

Dream is about to come true. Today I made a final order for the bike that I looked at for a number of years, and had to save for the old-fashioned way: the Pilot Scram Pinion. Previously doubted between this one and the atalaya of j. Guillem, but chose this one because of the pinion gear, the feeling at the company, being able to make it completely tailor-made, including the OHR wheels that I wanted. Super happy. Hear when it can be delivered. Photos follow. The real die-hard racing cyclists will laugh about the Pinion, but I am sure that I will sit on my bike with a huge smile on every trip.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Super exciting indeed :becool: I'm a bit jealous of the pinion gearbox, I think if I were to replace my hardtail mtb I would be very tempted to have one with the pinion and belt drive :okay: Very cool!

Looking forward to some photos :becool:

Harry Jacques

Last week my new bike, the pilot scram pinion arrived at the bikeshop.....next friday i will pick m up.......

Attachments

• 1989703B-2184-4475-8F4D-BBD641733184.jpeg
    1989703B-2184-4475-8F4D-BBD641733184.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 29
  • B43C3047-F517-496A-B448-3A146B4DF3BE.jpeg
    B43C3047-F517-496A-B448-3A146B4DF3BE.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 29

Harry Jacques

Yesterday after a few years of “dreaming” my new bicycle, Pilot Scram Pinion, picked up at the beautiful shop in Gorssel of Saint Christopher. After 34 years of conventional gearshifts with Shimano switched to a pinion gearbox. First 60 km with a heavy headwind cycled home with a big smile on my face.
😍🚴🏼.
today was my first ride in the wood on unpaved paths/roads...that was a completely new and awesome experience for me. Supr happy i bought a gravelbike with pinion and cinq shifters.

Last edited:

Harry Jacques

Lovely ride again on the Pilot Scram Pinion over the North Veluwe, Netherlands. Not much gravel, but 40 km on forest paths (stepped off once for a tree root that is too thick).

Attachments

• 7428FA36-CF86-4731-B52B-E6B4639C1243.jpeg
    7428FA36-CF86-4731-B52B-E6B4639C1243.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 19
  • B7EDAF7A-885D-41F3-A2C4-2C9345AD76A4.jpeg
    B7EDAF7A-885D-41F3-A2C4-2C9345AD76A4.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 20
  • FE6DF267-C811-465D-A136-FC44EF7D7EA8.jpeg
    FE6DF267-C811-465D-A136-FC44EF7D7EA8.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I'm toying with the idea of riding Chase The Sun next year and am kitting the Pilot out with a bit more storage and a few extra bottle cages for longer rides. I've ordered a Topeak Tri Backup Elite saddle rail bottle cage mount which should be arriving over the next few days, and have already received two new Supacaz carbon bottle cages to match the two already fitted. I've also received today a Roswheel large road frame bag which fits an absolute treat :okay: It's also got a handy little waterproof slot at the very front where you can run a USB lead from your GPS computer in to the bag to connect to a power bank, nifty 😄

I love this bike... :wub:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'm toying with the idea of riding Chase The Sun next year and am kitting the Pilot out with a bit more storage and a few extra bottle cages for longer rides. I've ordered a Topeak Tri Backup Elite saddle rail bottle cage mount which should be arriving over the next few days, and have already received two new Supacaz carbon bottle cages to match the two already fitted. I've also received today a Roswheel large road frame bag which fits an absolute treat :okay: It's also got a handy little waterproof slot at the very front where you can run a USB lead from your GPS computer in to the bag to connect to a power bank, nifty 😄

View attachment 604962

I love this bike... :wub:
i love that bike too

Top Bottom