Pilot Bikes, Dutch Ti frames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Cheers dude 😊

The saddle bottle cage mount arrived today so I've fitted it up :okay:

I should be able to stay nicely hydrated with that little lot :laugh: plus plenty of space for pork pies and other essentials in the frame bag :okay:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Cheers dude 😊

The saddle bottle cage mount arrived today so I've fitted it up :okay:

View attachment 605033

I should be able to stay nicely hydrated with that little lot :laugh: plus plenty of space for pork pies and other essentials in the frame bag :okay:
I see space for a top tube bag too…..for the jelly babies

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I've been experimenting today with some purple paint on a spare gps computer trim panel I had laying around :whistle:

Seems a little too light at the moment but may darken up, should be dry enough tomorrow to fit to the computer and pop on the bike... Oh, and I did end up getting a top tube bag, I'll put some photos up when I get a mo :okay:

I've been experimenting today with some purple paint on a spare gps computer trim panel I had laying around :whistle:

View attachment 621144

Seems a little too light at the moment but may darken up, should be dry enough tomorrow to fit to the computer and pop on the bike... Oh, and I did end up getting a top tube bag, I'll put some photos up when I get a mo :okay:

You can buy purple silicone cases for Garmin bike computers if that's any help?

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I finally got round to clearing a bit of space in the garage today which meant I could take the bike down again :laugh: Heres the top tube bag fitted...

And here she is with the nice purple trimmed computer on the bars...

😄

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
stunning bike - but that saddle to bar drop would have my back and hamstrings in bits lol

haha this is my 'comfortable' one too, the Bianchi is longer and lower :laugh:

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I'm playing around with a few options for a more robust GPS and Ion front light mount in CAD at the moment. Currently it is made up of an 'Edge Mount' out-front stem mount with a couple of bits I've previously 3d printed and cobbled together which looks like this...

The plan is to keep the basic construction and reuse the Edge Mount but to replace the 3d printed parts with new ones designed to fit a little better. This is where I am at the moment with the design, I'll hopefully get a chance to print something tomorrow afternoon.

I've also been thinking about the Chase The Sun ride in June and reading up about powerbanks; seems both the Karoo 2 GPS and the Varia Radar can both be powered externally so I've ordered a few bits and bobs to play with to try and get a central powerbank to run both units. The trick will be trying to weather proof the connectors as best I can, especially the Varia which is right in line for a soaking if it gets damp out. I've got some flexible resin so am wondering about printing a gasket/seal to fit around the micro USB plug and replace the charge port cover part but I'll put a bit more info up when I've thought about it more 😊

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I've just cleaned up and cured the first print of the parts - Pretty successful but a few tweaks to be made as is usually the case :laugh:

Here are the two pieces assembled to the mount:

Currently the two outer bolts that hold the light bracket on dont actually reach the nuts so one of the tweaks will be to make the nut pockets deeper so I can actually attach it :whistle:

Regarding light position and function it seems spot on though, the only other tweak I'll make is to make my little "JiB" logo in the center of the Karoo mount a bit deeper as it isn't obvious at the moment 😊

So overall very pleased with progress - I'm now making the minor tweaks and will set another print going overnight when they're ready :okay:

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
The funky micro USB to ribbon cable adapter jobby I ordered arrived this morning. I'm going to try and see if I can use it to power my varia radar from a powerbank on longer rides. Here it is plugged in to the back with the varia running off the powerbank...

Seems to work, so I've had a first go at designing a gasket/enclosure for the varia end:

I'll remove the rubber charge cover and print this in flexible resin. Once I've got the geometry correct I'll fit the adapter in this little housing then seal it in with more resin by pouring it in and hitting it with UV light. Should be a fun experiment anyway :laugh:

Top Bottom