Pilot Bikes, Dutch Ti frames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harry Jacques

@ carlp: haha, do you mean the pilot bike or the bianchi and all the purple stuff??
@JhnBssll: i hope you (and we in the pictures) will see your bike very soon! It will be pretty if it s possible for you to ride and enjoy the bike this (after)summer!! You write about the drawing. Does that mean that you don t have the standard frame, but it will all be custommade special for you with your own measures and other wishes?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
@ carlp: haha, do you mean the pilot bike or the bianchi and all the purple stuff??
@JhnBssll: i hope you (and we in the pictures) will see your bike very soon! It will be pretty if it s possible for you to ride and enjoy the bike this (after)summer!! You write about the drawing. Does that mean that you don t have the standard frame, but it will all be custommade special for you with your own measures and other wishes?

I meant the pilot bike.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran

Mine is being custom made but with standard geometry as the demo bike fit so well I didnt want any changes. My customisations are internal rear brake hose routing and a few Di2 specific changes :okay: Oh and custom shot blasted logos :okay: Hopefully itll be ready in the next month or two :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
It has been quite a wait but I'm told its now finished and ready for shipping :ohmy:^_^ With a bit of luck I'll have it sometime next week, it might get a ride out for next weekends club sportive and BBQ :okay::becool:

I rebuilt the back wheel and retensioned the front yesterday after hearing the news - I've built several wheels since these were done and I thought I could do a little better now. Whilst they were pretty good before I'm far happier with them now :okay:

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Heard from Pilot today - I had misunderstood the last message, the frame is almost ready but not quite - it still needs to be brushed and have the blasted logos added :okay: They did send me a few sneaky photos of the raw unfinished frame though :shy:

IMG_4496.jpg
John down tube.jpg
John chain stay.jpg

I can't wait to see it finished and built up now :laugh::becool::wub:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Heard from Pilot today - I had misunderstood the last message, the frame is almost ready but not quite - it still needs to be brushed and have the blasted logos added :okay: They did send me a few sneaky photos of the raw unfinished frame though :shy:

View attachment 480799 View attachment 480797 View attachment 480798

I can't wait to see it finished and built up now :laugh::becool::wub:

That's a hub drive ebike being built in the background.

Flat bar, carrier, mudguards, no silly suspension fork.

Looks like a titanium frame - not many of those around in ebike flavour.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
That's a hub drive ebike being built in the background.

Flat bar, carrier, mudguards, no silly suspension fork.

Looks like a titanium frame - not many of those around in ebike flavour.

It is indeed. They only make Ti frames but they make them in all shapes and sizes. Some of them have a pinion gearbox too, all very impressive.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
That frame doesn't need brushing or blasted logos - it's beautiful just as it is. Just polish it and build it up.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
That frame doesn't need brushing or blasted logos - it's beautiful just as it is. Just polish it and build it up.

It's super pretty isn't it :wub: I've spent ages zooming in and looking at grainy images of pretty welds :shy::laugh:

I want it brushed as it'll be my do-everything bike and not one I want to worry about keeping polished. Brushed finishes tend to hide scuffs better and can be re-touched more easily :smile: A bit lazy I know, but I think it'll look better for longer brushed :okay:

I just spent the evening tidying the garage ready for its arrival and build, bit eager considering its at least a week away at best :laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My opinion and its just that, is that you get that frame brushed and it will ruin it.
It looks a thing of beauty at the moment, giving it a brush will just mute the brightness of it.
As it is, you don't have to worry about polishing it. Ti looks after itself.

But, as the saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You like it (or should I say love it) and that's all that matters.

Top Bottom