Pimp my mince pie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As the season of gluttony and excess approaches, I would like to remind everyone of Arch's top tip:

After heating up your mince pie (my personal preference is extra large, deep-filled), prise the lid off, and add a slice of cheese of your choice. Let the heat of the pie melt the cheese for a few moments. Eat and enjoy.

I'd like to invite other people's suggestions for ridiculously elaborate and excessive additions to otherwise inoffensive food items. The floor is yours!

*No mince pies were harmed in the making of this thread, but a few will be when I get home, OH yes!

ajevans

On the subject of pimping snacks:

http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
A Top Tip For Arch And Kirstie !

Prise off top, remove innards, add 1/2 teaspoon (to taste) of marmite to innards, mix and heat in microwave.
Replace innards and top, give it to the person you least like in the office / at work.
Sit back and enjoy !

ajevans

Elmer Fudd said:
Prise off top, remove innards, add 1/2 teaspoon (to taste) of marmite to innards, mix and heat in microwave.
Replace innards and top, give it to the person you least like in the office / at work.
Sit back and enjoy !

That actually sounds quite nice; plus with the cheese as well it sounds amazing!

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Elmer Fudd said:
Sit back and enjoy !

ajevans said:
That actually sounds quite nice; plus with the cheese as well it sounds amazing!
Tell you what, I'm gonna give that a go !!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Twenty Inch said:
As the season of gluttony and excess approaches, I would like to remind everyone of Arch's top tip:

After heating up your mince pie (my personal preference is extra large, deep-filled), prise the lid off, and add a slice of cheese of your choice. Let the heat of the pie melt the cheese for a few moments. Eat and enjoy.

I'd like to invite other people's suggestions for ridiculously elaborate and excessive additions to otherwise inoffensive food items. The floor it yours!

*No mince pies were harmed in the making of this thread, but a few will be when I get home, OH yes!

Oooh, fame. I would add that it's best with a crumbly, sharp tasting, cheese like stilton or wensleydale...

Blonde

I'll be serving my Xmas cake (sans almond paste and icing) with large slabs of Wensleydale. 'Tis t'traditional way in Yorkshire apparently. I no longer live there but I like it that way - much nicer than iced.

Marmite is just wrong.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Love cheese
Love marmite

BUT THEY HAVE NO PLACE ANYWHERE NEAR, LET ALONE IN, OR ON TOP OF A MINCE PIE OR CHRISTMAS CAKE! CAPEESH?

:blush:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I made home made mince pies at the weekend for the first time ever and they were delicious ... all the things in them that I was expecting and also figs, dates and cider!! (And definately no cheese or marmite). I highly recommend making your own.

Top Bottom