1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ping* Parents of young uns

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Aint Skeered, 13 Jun 2008.

1. Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered New Member

I just thought this might interest you, some friends of ours have just developed it.
    It would be interesting to get a bit of constructive feedback for it
    www.loct.co.uk

2. LLB

LLB Guest

Lets get this straight, you strap your child to the bike and this allows you and the child to career down a rough path at high speed with a degree of safety ?

3. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Looks like a good idea but, as they say themselves, it wouldn't really be suitable for road use as you couldn't stand at lights. Obviously the sweatier types would have to get hats for their kids too.

£169 though? I'd wager that's out of most young parents' price range (for a bike seat)!!

4. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

...and also, there's the fact that one of the joys of cycling is getting away from the little blighters for an hour or so, so "little one can go feed the ducks"....:biggrin:

5. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Holy fractures, I've just watched the video. There's NO WAY I'd strap mine onto my bike to do that!

It reminded me of a sketch on Big Train with a bloke teaching his kid (a dummy) to ride a bike, who gets more and more frustrated until eventually he launches the bike and kid sideways down the road in a rage.

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Sorry, but I don't like these seats. They're better than the version that had no foot straps, because there were examples of kids getting their feet in the front wheel. But there's no protection at all for the children if the bike goes over and the rider doesn't have their arms around them.

7. Crock of Gold

Crock of Gold Guest

My gut feel - as the "owner" of a 5 and 8 year old is that nobody is going to career around fast with a toddler (2- 4years?) in that seat at any kind of exciting, bumpy speed.

And any kid older (like mine) I'd prefer to let them practice themselves on safer terrain, spending the money on bikes for them.

8. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Christ that video is scary. Those really thin white legs.........

hmmm, not sure really. Seems a bit reckless, a bit like treating your kid as an extension to your lifestyle. Not keen on it myself but others may well feel differently. Not ruddy cheap though, crumbs...

9. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Looks OK - but doesn't fit 'non-ahead set' systems

For me I'd not like my knees to be splayed out slightly due to a child being in the way !!!

10. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

Not into that type of biking, but I suspect I'd rather do that sort of thing alone (not risking my child and all that)... but then the same could be said of any kiddie seat on any bike as it's a risk in today's traffic.

Way too expensive though... and would likely need to be packaged with a spare pair of underpants for the kid (looking at the video!). :biggrin:

11. redjedi

redjedi Über Member

I don't have kids, but I wouldn't like the idea of someone else holding onto the bars.

And if they're at the age where they don't need to be saftey strapped in then they should be learning on their own bikes, and gaining their own independance.

12. Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat New Member

It looks ok. I might even buy one but the price puts me off.

13. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I thought people came off a lot on MTB's? The kid is gonna take the brunt of any collisions and if you slid off into a tree stump or rock there is gonna be some tears, probably not the kids though if you get my drift! :rolleyes:

14. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Just another thought is there any legal disclaimer with this product? Your mate could end up in seriously hot water.

15. Smeggers

Smeggers New Member

The reasons for buying are all negatives, eg "75% people die on the roads".

Stinks of dodgy insurance sales tactics.

Tell your mate to get on a sales course.