Ping* Parents of young uns

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LLB

Lets get this straight, you strap your child to the bike and this allows you and the child to career down a rough path at high speed with a degree of safety ?

Tetedelacourse

Looks like a good idea but, as they say themselves, it wouldn't really be suitable for road use as you couldn't stand at lights. Obviously the sweatier types would have to get hats for their kids too.

£169 though? I'd wager that's out of most young parents' price range (for a bike seat)!!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
...and also, there's the fact that one of the joys of cycling is getting away from the little blighters for an hour or so, so "little one can go feed the ducks"....:biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

Holy fractures, I've just watched the video. There's NO WAY I'd strap mine onto my bike to do that!

It reminded me of a sketch on Big Train with a bloke teaching his kid (a dummy) to ride a bike, who gets more and more frustrated until eventually he launches the bike and kid sideways down the road in a rage.

Christ that video is scary. Those really thin white legs.........

hmmm, not sure really. Seems a bit reckless, a bit like treating your kid as an extension to your lifestyle. Not keen on it myself but others may well feel differently. Not ruddy cheap though, crumbs...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks OK - but doesn't fit 'non-ahead set' systems

For me I'd not like my knees to be splayed out slightly due to a child being in the way !!!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Not into that type of biking, but I suspect I'd rather do that sort of thing alone (not risking my child and all that)... but then the same could be said of any kiddie seat on any bike as it's a risk in today's traffic.

Way too expensive though... and would likely need to be packaged with a spare pair of underpants for the kid (looking at the video!). :biggrin:

redjedi

Über Member
I don't have kids, but I wouldn't like the idea of someone else holding onto the bars.

And if they're at the age where they don't need to be saftey strapped in then they should be learning on their own bikes, and gaining their own independance.

domtyler

Über Member
I thought people came off a lot on MTB's? The kid is gonna take the brunt of any collisions and if you slid off into a tree stump or rock there is gonna be some tears, probably not the kids though if you get my drift! :rolleyes:

domtyler

Über Member
Just another thought is there any legal disclaimer with this product? Your mate could end up in seriously hot water.

Smeggers

The reasons for buying are all negatives, eg "75% people die on the roads".

Stinks of dodgy insurance sales tactics.

Tell your mate to get on a sales course.

OP
OP
Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered

domtyler said:
Just another thought is there any legal disclaimer with this product? Your mate could end up in seriously hot water.
Water tight on that count
As for the video, blimey, it's just an example of what can be done with it.
My daughter is way too old now for this, but I would have used something like this on perhaps a longer ride that a child would find hard work, and on say a cycleway/bridlepath.

domtyler

Über Member
Aint Skeered said:
Water tight on that count
As for the video, blimey, it's just an example of what can be done with it.
My daughter is way too old now for this, but I would have used something like this on perhaps a longer ride that a child would find hard work, and on say a cycleway/bridlepath.

Agreed, I think my primary advice would be to slash a hundred quid off the price and remove that extreme video from the web site and replace it with some nice pootling along a bridleway with mum tagging on behind, all smiles etc.

Top Bottom