ping Yahoo Mail Users

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ever since I changed to the new Yahoo Mail Beta, there is one small annoying problem I can't resolve.

When you log into Yahoo Mail, you have a couple of different tabs, Home and Inbox. It default to the Home tab which means you have to keep switching to the Inbox every time. It's annoying cos I never use anything on the Home tab.

I can't find anything in the Help options and when you click on the Contact Us option in the hope of sending Yahoo a messagemail to ask them how to change the default, it just comes up with a Help index of FAQ stuff and no actual contact mechanism! the cheeky sods.

Does anybody else who uses Yahoo Mail Beta know how to change this setting or how to contact Yahoo so I can get rid of it, grrrr.?

Thanks

in mail,click on help, then in the box click contact us, then click contact customer care (reply needed). i've used this before and got a reply. i've just asked the same question as i think inbox should be the defaualt page.

I've asked Yahoo customer care questions twice, saying I'd already looked on the help pages, telling them (with link to page) what that says and what it is that it doesn't answer.

Their response - a straight copy&paste of the page that I said didn't answer the bl**dy question !

Clearly they employ cheap-as-chimps on their helpdesk

OP
OP
T

trustysteed

cheers guys, i'm glad i'm not the only one who has had the same reply from yahoo. to read the help page which doesn't help the problem!

Keith Oates

Janner
I also think that Yahoo are now taking some hints from Microsoft in so much that if you log onto something like messenger, it's difficult to get rid of it acting as the default!!

just got this back from yahoo, not much help though.

Thanks for writing to Yahoo! UKIE Customer Care.

Unfortunately, the feature that you are describing is not available yet
at Yahoo! It is through user comments and feedback, however, that we are
able to continue to make improvements. There is always something on the
drawing board and many new features have come directly from users like
you.

I hope the information I have provided to you above will help answer
your question. Please let me know if you still need assistance so I can
help you further.

Regards,

trj977

Über Member
Open the options menu. Under the search box top right of yahoo page. Use mail options.
Tick the show inbox button.

I am doing this from memory so could be slight variaton on button or tab names/options.

Hope it helps

Tom

OP
OP
T

trustysteed

Thanks Tom

I had a look but couldn't see a Show Inbox tickbox so maybe the options have changed since Beta came out.

trj977

Über Member
Just had a look and I am not sure if the BT btyahoo, which I am using, is different.
When I am in my Inbox tab.
Options (on the page not on any toolbar) gives a dropdown.
Hit mail options - you get a message saying loading options. When loaded you get a different page appear.
Under general, seems to be the default on mine, top choice is for "when I first visit mail"
You have a choice between two buttons 1st show me "the home tab"
2nd "show me my inbox"

Best of luck

OP
OP
T

trustysteed

Received from Yahoo:

Hello,

Thanks for writing to Yahoo! UKIE Customer Care.

Unfortunately, the feature that you are describing is not available yet
at Yahoo! It is through user comments and feedback, however, that we are
able to continue to make improvements. There is always something on the
drawing board and many new features have come directly from users like
you.

I hope the information I have provided to you above will help answer
your question. Please let me know if you still need assistance so I can
help you further.

Regards,

Tshepang
Customer Care - Yahoo! UK & Ireland

Top Bottom