England : Surrey Pioneer Motorcycle Run: Tattenham Corner to Brighton, Sunday 19 March 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Do you ride a motorcycle then?

r04DiE

Oh, so why are you promoting it? Do you have any interest at all in motorcycles, or is there some other reason? Or tell me to mind my own business. I am just being nosey.

r04DiE

Apologies, I didn't see what you were getting at. I am not promoting it. I am giving a shout out to see who else might want to follow the event on their bike.
Oh, no need at all to apologise. Thanks, I'm sure there'll be people on here that are interested as there are a good few with motorcycles, it seems.

r04DiE

You might not be aware that there's a bit of a tradition on here of following the Pioneer Run (veteran cars), the Commercial Vehicles run (old lorries, fire engines, and whatnot), and this one. They happen every year, and you can find the threads for previous years quite easily. They are fun :smile:.
Ah! That makes things much clearer, so thank you :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Not me I'm afraid. Abs wedding day before so can imagine i'm not going to be in any state to ride the next day :cheers:
But of course! Should be a great day. Hopefully there will be some sort of additional two-wheeled reception for those without invites....

Might be along for the Pioneer run, again....

r04DiE

Where are you based? You could join us, if you like.
That's very kind of you. I'd love to join you all. The only trouble is that I have a rather complicated home life and I find it hard to get much time to myself, but let me look into it. Do you cycle home again or get a train?

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Apparently, decorating the bathroom is far more important than servicing my bike and going cycling.
And on past form, I'll probably leave too late to get to the meeting point, and be too slow to catch up.

Put me down as a maybe.

r04DiE

Hmm, I can get a room for about £50, which is pretty reasonable...

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I'm riding the Man of Kent 200k audax that day. But can recommend these rides to those undecided. Good fun and excellent company: interesting to see so many old crocks (and there are some ancient motorbikes as welll......)

r04DiE

OK, well the plan is that I will book a hotel and then drop a car down beforehand, then:
  • Cycle
  • Meet new people
  • Look at old machines now and then, and say things like: Oh, look at that...
  • Laugh a lot
  • Drink more than I should
  • Eat too much
  • Sleep
  • Drive home
Does this sort of thing fit in?

Top Bottom