Pizza ovens

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I struggle to believe that people actually spend money on these. What an absolute waste of money. Just cook a pizza in your usual oven and then take it outside and save yourself a fortune. I personally think pizza is nothing to write home about.

Friend of mine had a wood fired one, was amazing. Someone else had a gas one, didn't really notice the difference.

Apparently having a dough maker is key, saves ok lots of mess apparently.

richardfm

Veteran
Friend of mine had a wood fired one, was amazing. Someone else had a gas one, didn't really notice the difference.

Apparently having a dough maker is key, saves ok lots of mess apparently
It is easier to control the temperature with a gas oven but there is little or no difference in taste, gas or wood.
A dough make isn't needed. Making good pizza dough by hand isn't difficult or messy. It just takes time, ideally 24 to 48 hours.

figbat

Slippery scientist
It is easier to control the temperature with a gas oven but there is little or no difference in taste, gas or wood.
A dough make isn't needed. Making good pizza dough by hand isn't difficult or messy. It just takes time, ideally 24 to 48 hours.

I was going to say the same. After all, it’s only flour, water, salt and yeast (maybe a splash of olive oil). The trick is in the ratios and in the proving. My dough is usually done overnight although I can get a reasonable result inside a day if I start early. For a really hot oven you don’t need as much water in the dough as it’s only in the oven for 30s or so. Plus that makes it easier to handle, slide on/off the peel etc.

The dough maker apparently nearly melted as they spent several hours making dough!

I personally preferred the wood one,nothing to do with taste but everything to do with being able to have a fire lol.

Jameshow

Veteran
Just a wild stab in the dark but I’m going to suggest you’re not the target market then. ^_^

You just earned an MA in marketing!! 🤣🤣🤣

Julia9054

Guru
The dough maker apparently nearly melted as they spent several hours making dough!

I personally preferred the wood one,nothing to do with taste but everything to do with being able to have a fire lol.

We use ours when we have parties. We make the bases beforehand, lay all the ingredients out and everyone rolls a base and builds their own. Admiring the fire and wielding the peel keeps all the blokes entertained!

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Maybe because you cook them in a normal oven and take them outside? A proper pizza done in a properly hot oven is a delight.

I've had them in Pisa actually and I still don't think they are all that. A lot of people could really do without eating absolute fatty, high carb, rubbish like Pizza anyway.
Personally I would rather give a couple of grand to a foodbank or something than buy one of these.

richardfm

Veteran
I've had them in Pisa actually and I still don't think they are all that. A lot of people could really do without eating absolute fatty, high carb, rubbish like Pizza anyway.
Personally I would rather give a couple of grand to a foodbank or something than buy one of these.

Pizzas aren't absolute fatty or rubbish and pizza ovens don't cost a couple of grand.
If you don't like them just say so, but don't make up false reasons for not liking them

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Pizzas aren't absolute fatty or rubbish and pizza ovens don't cost a couple of grand.
If you don't like them just say so, but don't make up false reasons for not liking them

All that cheese lathered on the top is very fatty. Pizzas are junk food Richard. You can pay way more than a couple of grand for them actually as well.
Each to their own though. If people wish to buy faddy things like this then that's entirely their choice.

figbat

Slippery scientist
All that cheese lathered on the top is very fatty. Pizzas are junk food…

Condemning all pizzas because of experiencing bad pizzas is like saying all bicycles are heavy and slow because I rode a BSO. A good pizza is not ‘lathered in cheese’ nor “junk food” - less-is-more applies to a traditional Neopolitan pizza. Italy is not known for a major obesity problem.

Top Bottom