Pizza ovens

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
The sort of pizzas, and their accompanying side dishes, made at home by, I would venture to say, the vast majority of those who have, or who aspire to have, a pizza oven, are about as far away from junk food as it it is possible to get and still enjoy one's food.
It is nourishing, healthy, freshly home-cooked food made from fresh basic ingredients and as heavy on the vegetables as is liked. It is also delicious - an important point in any food's favour.
You might also be interested to learn that some carbs and some fats are a requirement in a normal healthy diet.

Absolute total garbage.
Maybe if you have a small slice with veg or salad its not too bad occasionally. However if you are buying a Pizza oven its not massive stretch to think that you will be having more than this amount. You might be interested to learn yourself that eating a whole pizza or half to yourself on a regular basis is way too much for the average person especially the demographic on here.

markemark

Über Member
Indeed. It’s like apples. I thought they were good for you but then I’m not sure about all the toffee they dip them in.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Absolute total garbage.
Maybe if you have a small slice with veg or salad its not too bad occasionally. However if you are buying a Pizza oven its not massive stretch to think that you will be having more than this amount. You might be interested to learn yourself that eating a whole pizza or half to yourself on a regular basis is way too much for the average person especially the demographic on here.

I'm not a huge fan of pizza either, but I do realise that you don't buy a pizza oven to cook stuffed crust Chicago town frozen pizza.

Dadam

Absolute total garbage.

Right, was trying to be polite but can't be bothered with it now. Kindly SOD OFF and quit derailing a thread for people who like pizza with your own opinionated piffle merely because you don't like that foodstuff! Go and start your own junk food thread if you must

Kingfisher101

Über Member
A fool and his money are very easily parted. Basically very gullible middle aged men are buying these things when they should be more concerned with middle aged spread.

figbat

Slippery scientist
A fool and his money are very easily parted. Basically very gullible middle aged men are buying these things when they should be more concerned with middle aged spread.

I am that middle-aged man, mulling the purchase of a pizza oven. Not because I want to eat pizza all the time, or even much of the time, but because when I do want to home-make some pizzas I want to do it the best way possible. I already home-make the dough over a long proving period using low yeast levels (which, by the way, makes the bread far easier to digest). Sadly I only have a domestic oven (<250°C) to cook them with so although the results are good (much better than any pre-made, heat-at-home or takeaway offer) they are not at the level of a genuine pizza oven (~450-500°C). And pizza ovens can be used to cook other stuff more authentically too (like naan breads, tandoor-style meats and veg etc).

Baking and cooking is a hobby as well as a means to subsist. As such I will decide how much of my disposable income to spend on my hobby - rather like cycling (and the cycling helps keep the middle-aged spread at bay).

And back to a point I made before - the Italians are not all obese and unhealthy, yet they will be consuming pizzas, pasta and other carb-forward dishes in great quantities.

Dadam

Anyway, my oven which I tried out first time last night, was just over 100 quid and will get used twice a month, maybe. We're not scoffing pizza 3 times a week.

Really good for the price. Gets up to 350-400c so not restaurant temps but way hotter then the oven. Should be great for naans too. I've previously done them under the grill on a baking sheet but the results, while edible, weren't really all that.

richardfm

Veteran

I have a pizza oven and no concerns about middle age spread. I eat a healthy diet, including the occasional home cooked pizza and I run and cycle regularly. I don't need your advice on healthy eating.

Jameshow

Veteran
I have a pizza oven and no concerns about middle age spread. I eat a healthy diet, including the occasional home cooked pizza and I run and cycle regularly. I don't need your advice on healthy eating.

We have one and I can still kick out a 19m 5k, 40min 10k!! or 1hr 25m TT*

*Theoretically!! anyone know the comparison?

I know that 38m 10k = 3hr marathon and my pb is 3h10....

Anyway, my oven which I tried out first time last night, was just over 100 quid and will get used twice a month, maybe. We're not scoffing pizza 3 times a week.

Really good for the price. Gets up to 350-400c so not restaurant temps but way hotter then the oven. Should be great for naans too. I've previously done them under the grill on a baking sheet but the results, while edible, weren't really all that.

Can you say what make & model it is? I'm not a huge fan of pizza, but at that sort of price I'd be interested in something that could give me better temps for making ME style flatbreads.

Dadam

Can you say what make & model it is? I'm not a huge fan of pizza, but at that sort of price I'd be interested in something that could give me better temps for making ME style flatbreads.

It’s the G3 Ferrari 10032, the double stone model. There was a deal from Amazon Italy. With exchange rate and postage it was just over £100 when I got mine.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Whilst pizza ovens do 'tickly my fancy', I just see them as a huge environmental disaster - come on it has to be a wood fired one !

Hopefully they will get banned as well as wood burners due to the increase in particulate emissions.

Top Bottom