Planet X bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
hi,

I purchased a Holdsworth La Quelda from Planet X a couple if weeks back. When it arrived, there were come chips to the paint on the track ends, and also next to the seat clamp.

I've been offered 10% back in vouchers, but am unsure whether to take it, or push for more.

Have any of you had a similar experience, if so, what were the results. Thanks in advance.

Steve

Drago

Legendary Member
Either accept the offer, or return it for a refund. Only you can decide.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I wouldn't accept the £30 in vouchers as the chips and scratches would forever niggle me. Get PX to send you another bike and uplift the old.
Great looking bike by the way, which colour did you choose?

OP
OP
S

SWSteve

Guru
I wouldn't accept the £30 in vouchers as the chips and scratches would forever niggle me. Get PX to send you another bike and uplift the old.
Great looking bike by the way, which colour did you choose?

Went for orange. Looks fantastic. Just a shame about the paint.

To be honest, a new bike without chipped paint is what I want.

OP
OP
S

SWSteve

Guru
Send them an email and tell them exactly that.

That's what I've done. It's been in the garage for 2 weeks untouched as I had been waiting to hear back from them (despite replying to their email requesting pictures, I was told I had contacted the wrong email address :cursing:)

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I had exactly the same on my La Quelda frame, chip on top tube and a smaller one on a chain stay. I got £15 back in credit, but I paid less for my frame in the first place. I read that quite a few people received theirs with chips so assumed the majority would be like that.

OP
OP
S

SWSteve

Guru
Well...over 2 weeks later.

Firstly, my original email wasn't picked up even though I replied to their email, as they requested, for 2 weeks.

The bike was eventually collected, and then 'repaired' - I'm yet to receive the corrected bike. They then asked what date I would like it delivered, I confirmed what date...and then they didn't actually send the bike out in case it might not deliver on that day, but didn't bother to ring to explain this.

And now, to top it all off, it will be delivered, but they are unwilling to make any guarantees about when it will arrive (obviously I can arrange a deliver with Yodel, if the original attempt is missed).

They've also decided to offer £25, not 10% in credit now.

It's fair to say, the expensive bike I was thinking of purchasing in the new year won't be from Planet X.

spen666

Legendary Member
I would suggest you cancel the order. Under the Distance Selling Regulations, you can cancel the order, despite what PX may say.

I would buy a new bike from elsewhere.

£25 for the damage and all the hassle you have had is insulting, especially when coupled with the refusal to agree a delivery time/ missed delivery date etc

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Don't accept the bike if the chipped paint has been 'repaired', surely they wouldn't touch up the paint?
They will have swapped the frame for a new one.

Keep us posted.

Top Bottom