Planet-X Carbon Crankset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Farky

Hi,

I have a Specialized Allez with Tiagra crankset and I am wondering if the above would fit it. It is 172.5mm (which is the length I want) and is advertised as having a Shimano 130pcd fitting. Will this be okay?

p.s. It's just the pedal arms/octalink fitting I'm looking at getting. I hope this makes sense as I'm new to all this and thanks in advance for your help.

walker

You need to find out what Bracket it needs, it should fit the one you already have but if it is an isis Drive you might need to replace your BB.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i take it you have a tiagra triple if the pcd is 130 (it's 110 on a compact or standard double). the pcd refers to the kind of chainrings that you can put on it (the position of the boltholes). like walker says, make sure you get the right bottom bracket, and that will depend on whether you are putting a double or triple crankset on (triple is longer).

OP
OP
Farky

Farky

alecstilleyedye said:
i take it you have a tiagra triple if the pcd is 130 (it's 110 on a compact or standard double). the pcd refers to the kind of chainrings that you can put on it (the position of the boltholes). like walker says, make sure you get the right bottom bracket, and that will depend on whether you are putting a double or triple crankset on (triple is longer).

Ah, I have two chainrings and I think they are 39/53 so does that mean it wont fit?

Sorry for being such a novice and thanks for your help!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Farky said:
Ah, I have two chainrings and I think they are 39/53 so does that mean it wont fit?

Sorry for being such a novice and thanks for your help!

not necessarily, provided the bottom bracket is compatible, then it should be fine. take your bike into your local lbs and they'll make sure you get the right bb.

the pcd will only be a factor if you are keeping the existing chainrings. make sure it is a double crankset that you are thinking of getting.

Top Bottom