Planet x issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
This is the second time in two orders ive had an issue with px first time they sent me the wrong item and didnt refund and on saturday i ordered a crankset from there ebay shop and it still wasnt posted today so i messaged and they replied right on closing time saying they didnt actually have it... Although even there website states they have two, she said she would just refund it without even asking me first, would you expect just a refund. If you placed an order and wernt actually told? I atleast expected them to source me another one similar or even a step up from the original order just for the hastle, not to mention i also placed a next day order with planet x on the actual website and it wasnt dispatched til tuesday and it didnt turn up today... Arghh!!!!! I havent rode a road bike for weeks since mine was nicked i need to get out!!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Sorry to hear that you are in the midst of a frustrating time. To be fair, I've found PX to be brilliant on everything that I've had from them. They should have refunded after sending the wrong item though.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
It just annoys me that if i hadent of messaged them they wouldnt of told me, and the fact that they replied after the phone lines are closed so it will take even longer to sort out. I ordered a pair of keo cleats and they sent me the old look cleats and didnt refund. Im sure there was something else i got from ebay off them and had an issue with too but i cant remember what it was

winjim

Smash the cistern
Planet X are in my bad books for not answering an email query but instead putting me on a mailing list and spamming me.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I've always found PX excellent....sorry Jack!
You do get a hell of a lot of emails from them though.
Hope you resolve your issue with them mate.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
They can be great value, but they will refund you without telling you if their stock list on the web has cocked up. They are not perfect but I can put up with that for good kit at low prices.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I know for a fact they have it in though thats the thing as i called up and asked specifically if it had a bottom bracket included... They said they checked and it did...(i knew it didnt but there site said it did) i checked again today on the site and they have changed it and it says it dosent so im glad i didnt order it without a bb and got screwed over there so i know they have them in, im thinking as its listed at £50 on ebay and £60 in store they just dont want to loose the tenner but thats not my fault of they had it on sale for that price, im going to just say they can source me a replacement

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Planet x are in my bad books too. I ordered some stuff over the weekend, showing everything in stock then I get an email saying one thing isn't in stock so I rang on Monday for a refund on the something not in stock. Still not been refunded and still chasing for the rest of the order to be delivered, aparrently it is going to be picked today!!! I ordered.
I rang this morning and was told someone was going to ring me back.......guess what......nothing.
I think I may have a wee rant tomorrow morning.

BigAl68

Über Member
Planet x and stock levels strikes again. I have has the same but they did then ship me better kit in its place.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I think thats what most places would do especially after not even telling you, i think ill send them a link to this thread.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Got a reply today saying they dont have it, called up and got every excuse under the sun saying they dont habe it theynonly have bb30... Which is what i ordered , theynthen said they cant check if its in stock as the warehouse is 5 mile away and they have no phones!!! Bullsh!t! They said they will refund me in 5 days

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I had similar issues with them earlier this year. Ordered some shoes, showing in stock , but after 2 weeks no show, chased them up & there was no stock, but they had not bothered to tell me. In the end they had them in a different colour & the price had reduced by £5, so I wasnt too upset ^_^

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Well, I've had my refund, but despite being promised a call (which I never got) and promised that my order would be picked and sent, to be delivered at the latest Friday, I haven't had a confirmation email to say it's been picked and sent. As I'm out of the country from Sunday if it hasn't been sent then it'll end up being returned to planet x as there will be no one here to take the delivery.
I'm not a happy bunny.
I will never, ever, ever buy anything from them again.:cursing:
Chain reaction, Evans, Wiggle, Rose, Spa cycles all seem to get it right why can't they.:evil:

KennaughKickIt

This is the second time in two orders ive had an issue with px first time they sent me the wrong item and didnt refund and on saturday i ordered a crankset from there ebay shop and it still wasnt posted today so i messaged and they replied right on closing time saying they didnt actually have it... Although even there website states they have two, she said she would just refund it without even asking me first, would you expect just a refund. If you placed an order and wernt actually told? I atleast expected them to source me another one similar or even a step up from the original order just for the hastle, not to mention i also placed a next day order with planet x on the actual website and it wasnt dispatched til tuesday and it didnt turn up today... Arghh!!!!! I havent rode a road bike for weeks since mine was nicked i need to get out!!

I've been given very similar treatment on a recent order. Got back to me over two days after my order to say an item wasn't available and would I like something else, or a credit for later, and like you they sent me this right at the end of the day so there was no chance of hearing back until the next day. Currently awaiting a refund but thoroughly underwhelmed by their service. All very well having great prices, but bugger all use if they're not in stock.

Top Bottom