Planet X London Road - Tiagra Build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So I can buy the rival build for £899

But with the frameset currently on offer at £233 - I am wondering if I could do a Tiagra build for less ? - there was a tiagra groupset (new on eBay for £299) - a set of Askuim dics can be had for around £150 ........

Any thoughts ?

Its going to be my winter bike - and my requirements are that is must take mudguards (proper ones not the strap on jobbies) and Disc brakes - I can use cycle to work vouchers (but not at planet x) - so any other contenders ? - a £1k bike on c2w would come in at approx £650

Nibor

Bewildered
doing it for £699.99 with Apex 1 at the moment.

Good morning,

...... Any thoughts ? .......

Two. :-)

The rules are that there can be no guaranteed right to purchase at the end of the hire period, so would you be happy if you had to hand the bike back? A change in your company's accountant may affect whatever the current policy is and as an implicit agreement to guarantee rights to purchase is also not allowed you would have no comeback. (Q4 page 16)

A cycle is defined in the schemes notes and it makes no mention of bike supplied in parts so I suspect that that would worry any accountant paying attention to what you want to do. :=)

If you were to buy parts off ebay not via C2W then the components bought via C2W would not likely to be considered as constituting a bike and Q1 page 16 would prohibit the ebay parts being added to make up a bike and then hired to you.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...t_data/file/808626/cycle-to-work-guidance.pdf

Bye

Ian

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Good morning,

Two. :-)

The rules are that there can be no guaranteed right to purchase at the end of the hire period, so would you be happy if you had to hand the bike back? A change in your company's accountant may affect whatever the current policy is and as an implicit agreement to guarantee rights to purchase is also not allowed you would have no comeback. (Q4 page 16)

A cycle is defined in the schemes notes and it makes no mention of bike supplied in parts so I suspect that that would worry any accountant paying attention to what you want to do. :=)

If you were to buy parts off ebay not via C2W then the components bought via C2W would not likely to be considered as constituting a bike and Q1 page 16 would prohibit the ebay parts being added to make up a bike and then hired to you.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...t_data/file/808626/cycle-to-work-guidance.pdf

Bye

Ian
I think I have had 3 bikes off cycle 2 work - and never had problem. The last one at the time of purchase I could extend the lease for 6 years with nothing else to pay - then the bike is mine.

I wasn't intending to buy the parts on c2w - that would be a straight cash purchase - as would the Rival bike, as PX don't do cycle 2 work.

What I meant was a £1k bike on c2w would cost me less than £899 - but can't really find many disc bikes with mudguard mounts in that price bracket hence asking for suggestions.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think he’ll either buy a whole bike via C2W or frameset and parts out of own pocket (or the LR build as he can’t use C2W at PX)

vickster

Legendary Member

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
good morning,

That's a bit of a shame, I love to see how far the rules are being bent! :-)

Bye

Ian

I think you are misunderstanding

1. We use Cycle-solutions - a cycle 2 work provider - and abide by the rules they set
  2. or I purchase the bike or bike parts out of my own pocket
I am not seeing any rules being bent or broken here.

tom73

Guru
I'd say go with the London Rd how you do it only you can know what work's best for you.
Love mine and great fun to ride will do every thing you want and more.

Top Bottom