Planet X London Road - Tiagra Build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nibor

Bewildered
Some bargains on a first come first served basis. https://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/deals/bargain-bikes

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Rival LR - it's all you need. The same level of tech really as Shimano 105 without the pricey jump to force or ultegra. It's a workhorse groupset that will undoubtedly take abuse.

I bought mine as a build in Aug 2015,it's the only bike I've kept as long 👌

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Rival LR - it's all you need. The same level of tech really as Shimano 105 without the pricey jump to force or ultegra. It's a workhorse groupset that will undoubtedly take abuse.

I bought mine as a build in Aug 2015,it's the only bike I've kept as long 👌

do you use mudguards ? - if so which ones ?

Venod

Eh up
This is from Yorkshire Cycle Sales on Facebook, I sent him a message the other day and he had a meduim left, I had to talk myself out of buying it, I don't need it but I thought what a bargain, I have too many QR wheels so no good to me, you can change the dropouts but thas another £60 on top of the forks, still cheap for new Ti if your happy with a bit fettling, I would have no problem correcting the brake mount,

Edit, he originaly had a Large, Medium and Small for sale, looks like this advert is for a small, from his facebook profile he looks to have some connection with PX.

"Bit of a special project here for someone. I have some brand new Planet X Tempest Ti gravel frame for sale.The frame is brand new but the brake mount isn't welded on correctly. What this means is that a Hydro flat mount brake will not sit level in the frame causing brake rub. It can only be built with a mechanical dual piston brake or with a post mount adapted brake with a washer set installed. If you wish to run a flat mount hydro you will need to file the mount level or extend the brake holes to compensate for the deviation. This has been in storage so could have some small marks from storage. These frames are £1000 new from Planet X so at £300 its a fair saving. The frame will come with a headset installed. Any questions just send me a PM for more info. Collection from North Sheffield. Thanks"
I10ZjUoPNhwkxcU10mvULxSSBU&_nc_ht=scontent.fltn2-1.jpg
HUgbxmaAMWqnBK-cZe4Ya9ROk0&_nc_ht=scontent.fltn2-1.jpg
35zT1TpKzZnhtyUvER4ugZSlbQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fltn2-1.jpg
£300
Planet X Tempest V3 Small
Sheffield, England

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
do you use mudguards ? - if so which ones ?
I do. SKS Longboard. You need to be able to trim the metal stays down but they've been superb once fettled.

Can't recall where I got the bolts from/ might have been in the frame(forks at least)

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
A giant contend disc came up @ £750 - they let me use c2w - so just over £500....
I was wrong earlier contend will takes giant own mudguards...
Happy !

Top Bottom