Planet X London Road - Tiagra Build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I've got 38mm tyres and mudguards on my LR :smile:

Just buy one
This is a hard sell, when it shouldn't be 😂

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
This is a hard sell, when it shouldn't be 😂

I actually think the LR isn't that cheap. £899 for rival - £20 delivery. + Guards & Pedals

The decathlon RC520 has slightly better spec for £750

The giants contends even at full RRP - are comparable - and last model is available for £700

That said if it were on c2w I would buy the PX - But at £899 itd decent but doesn't strike me as a "Do not miss"

BigMeatball

I actually think the LR isn't that cheap. £899 for rival - £20 delivery. + Guards & Pedals

The giants contends even at full RRP - are comparable - and last model is available for £700

That said if it were on c2w I would buy the PX - But at £899 itd decent but doesn't strike me as a "Do not miss"

Another negative thing about any Planet X is that you can't do test rides so, unless you know someone who has the same model you want and kindly lets you try it, it's always going to be a shot in the dark.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Another negative thing about any Planet X is that you can't do test rides so, unless you know someone who has the same model you want and kindly lets you try it, it's always going to be a shot in the dark.
That doesn't bother me too much- I am not sure how much you gain from 45 mins on a bike - when typically you will be riding it 3-4 hours

vickster

Legendary Member

Read up about the wheel/tyre issues on the decathlon bikes

BigMeatball

then don't buy the planet x

vickster

Legendary Member
The internet is a big place. I could read up on planet X customer service or London road mudguard issues.
??
It was a suggestion. You may already know that the wheels can be problematic in terms of tyre changes for puncture repair (you may not want to use M+ on your club runs for example or even commute). There are several long threads on here. If you’re aware, unconcerned, it’s a good vfm option :okay:
From what @T.M.H.N.E.T says, there are mudguards to fit the LR
And no companies are perfect of course. It’s how they handle issues that separate the good, acceptable, less good

Last edited:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
??
It was a suggestion. You may already know that the wheels can be problematic in terms of tyre changes for puncture repair (you may not want to use M+ on your club runs for example or even commute). There are several long threads on here. If you’re aware, unconcerned, it’s a good vfm option :okay:
From what @T.M.H.N.E.T says, there are mudguards to fit the LR
And no companies are perfect of course. It’s how they handle issues that separate the good, acceptable, less good
PX certainly aren't amazing in that regard. They wanted my entire bike back to look at a minor issue with the front fork (the rivsert for the mudguard had loosened). In the end I got the bolt as tight as I could and strategically laid two cable ties across the mudguard to make sure it never vibrated out. That was sept 2015 😂 no problems since.

Re mudguards: Im normally running 28mm tyres but sometimes step up to 30/31, theres still ample room to go upwards of 35 with the guards on. Depends how you first fit them, I left clearance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom