Planet X London Road - Tiagra Build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Also with mudguards, interesting :smile:

All change ! - the mudguards only work up to 25mm - reluctantly I have cancelled order.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah - that's the leader - but if I could find something comparable on c2w - I would make a whacking saving.....there's no great rush...
It's not really a saving that you see ;)

What about Evans Pinnacle range?

Get something second hand for £500?

I'd probably want to do it before the election/budget...I'm surprised C2W has lasted as long as it has!

Or buy the frame and get your parts from Evans on C2W (pretty sure you can/could)

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes I saw those, but there is a whole page of bargain boxes at £100 and I cant see any way of working out what is in them. It might be my browser. https://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/deals/bargain-boxes?
ah it doesn't say....lucky dip??

vickster

Legendary Member
I get a lot of leeway to buy bike bits- without doing any funny stuff with different addresses or delivery to my work. However given the way I've spread out and taken over more and more space I think I might be pushing my luck to pay £100 for a 'lucky dip!'
Is it one of PXs efforts to be all amusing and South Yorkshire again?!

Nebulous

Guru
Is it one of PXs efforts to be all amusing and South Yorkshire again?!

It's a pity there aren't more clues - like going to see Santa Claus when I was a child - "Present for a 7 year old boy!"

"Have you anything for a male, getting on a bit, does long distances relatively slowly, likes titanium and thru-axles?" Send me something nice and I'll send you a hundred quid.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's a pity there aren't more clues - like going to see Santa Claus when I was a child - "Present for a 7 year old boy!"

"Have you anything for a male, getting on a bit, does long distances relatively slowly, likes titanium and thru-axles?" Send me something nice and I'll send you a hundred quid.
I suppose it would be too obvious to call and ask them? :whistle:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Can’t you fit another type of mudguard?
I think @NorthernDave has a contend disc?
I am all ears - but don't won't a botch job - even a £500 botch job !

I do have a Contend SL1 Disc, and it's got Raceblade Pro XL mudguards fitted - but I am only running 25mm tyres (although the bike will take 28mm).

I've just had a look and it looks like 28mm could be okay, but don't quote me on that...:laugh:

Top Bottom