Planet X London Road - Tiagra Build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
No - it will mainly be my winter\ wet weather bike (see first post) -
it will of course get some commuting use h
Assumed you meant winter commuter as you’re looking to use C2W

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
£630 or £900 taken from gross salary. There’s quite a difference for those of us who are self employed

Not sure of your point ? - my quote says I will pay £52pm - but that is never 100% accurate as they don't know my pension and other deductions.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not sure of your point ? - my quote says I will pay £52pm - but that is never 100% accurate as they don't know my pension and other deductions.
Is the cost from Ribble £630 for cash or is that the amount you pay (approx) from pre tax earnings.
ie How much would the ‘cash’ price be from Ribble?

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Nowt wrong with cable discs as long as not Promax, Tektro Lyra or BB5!
Lol it's tektro !

Gekko21

Regular
I see you've now ordered the Ribble, but I managed to get a Planet X London Road SL Rival for £609 two months ago via one of their crazy deals. I had to spend a month or two monitoring the deals every day, but I knew exactly what I wanted and leapt the moment the email came out with the deal I was after. It came with 35mm tyres and I fitted the Planet X mudguards, which were a bit of a faff but I managed it without swearing. I use it as my commute bike and love it.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I see you've now ordered the Ribble, but I managed to get a Planet X London Road SL Rival for £609 two months ago via one of their crazy deals. I had to spend a month or two monitoring the deals every day, but I knew exactly what I wanted and leapt the moment the email came out with the deal I was after. It came with 35mm tyres and I fitted the Planet X mudguards, which were a bit of a faff but I managed it without swearing. I use it as my commute bike and love it.
I would have gone for it at that price. Maybe it will come again on black Friday.
The Ribble ticks a lot of boxes for me - I prefer Shimano - my commute is through a park - which is great - but puncture hell...( The Ribble I believe will take wider tyres) and as it stands its cost me £300 less !

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
C2w payments have nothing to do with pension or other deductions........

Top Bottom