Planet X RT-58 Ultegra Composite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Lovely bike, well equipped, but only if you want either an xs or xl in green..

uclown2002

Guru
Just checked link this morning and previously unavaliable options can be pre-ordered. Getting mine hopefully in late March.

That's a Pro Carbon frame with a paint job
Yeah. And at £200 less than the Pro Carbon seems, as i say, quite a steal. Can't think of many other manufacturers I could name that offer decent carbon frames with SRAM Rival/Shimano Ultegra for less than a grand.
Why do they bother with the On One/Viner/Planet X branding though? Why not just stick with the one brand name?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Yeah. And at £200 less than the Pro Carbon seems, as i say, quite a steal. Can't think of many other manufacturers I could name that offer decent carbon frames with SRAM Rival/Shimano Ultegra for less than a grand.
Why do they bother with the On One/Viner/Planet X branding though? Why not just stick with the one brand name?
Planet X? Road
One One? MTB

And Viner? Why on earth would they possibly want to trade off the name of a renowned Italian family firm that traded for sixty-five years and built up a reputation for quality, a race-winning pedigree, and some of the finest frame designs you could buy? Why indeed :smile:

As the owner of a Viner, I'm very glad that though the family are no longer involved, and that the current range no longer has the same scope for customisation (the top line models were entirely custom spec, sizing, geometry and carbon layup all to the rider's requirements), PX revived it and clearly gets the brand and its heritage. They're still manufacturing in Italy (yes, that Gladium certainly looks just like a PX made in Taiwan, probably is, but the Baldi family did the same, low-end built overseas, high-end in Italy..) and what they've lost in uniqueness they've gained in price. The old top of the line Maxima models reached £5k at the end for a frameset (my friend who has one fortunately paid rather less a few years earlier). Planet X currently has the Maxima RS 3.0 at £1k....The new Mitus is a snip at £1600 with full Chorus (rave review in C+).

SWSteve

Guru
There was a feature in Rouleur about PX/Holdsworth and the owner explained he loves nice bikes/products. Hence they offer some options you don't see elsewhere. IIRC he said how they were stocking and selling SS mountain bikes far sooner than anyone else, and how he's bored of a type of bike before they even step into vogue.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I've been given the nod, just debating M vs L.
All the L measurements are the same as my current Trek, except handover height which is about 20mm greater on the RT58.

Top Bottom