Planet X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Piemanpaul

Regular
Anyone had dealings with Planet X, good or bad, I'm looking at the RT-57 or 58, would like some advice as it looks a very nice bike??

musa

Über Member
:eek:

What issue are you having with them

OP
OP
Piemanpaul

Piemanpaul

Regular
Sorry Musa, I've edited my thread I'm not having any issues I'm looking to buy a bike and was wondering what people thought.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Good value retailer. Never had problems buying bits and pieces from them. They have showrooms so if you are not too far away why not pop over and try the bike for size.

Mannion

Regular
@Piemanpaul - I have a RT-58 for sale (it will be going in the classifieds on here sometime in the next week or two) and have sent you a message.

Is that the carbon version or alloy?

simon.r

Person
Is that the carbon version or alloy?

Carbon. Size XL (58cm). Approx one year old, 600 miles. Nothing wrong with it, just that this was my first carbon bike and I've decided I prefer my old steel frames! Message me if interested.

If anyone else is interested please message me rather than post on this thread.

Mods - Apologies for the thread hijack, I'll post properly in the classifieds in a week or two.

smallrt58.jpg

Mannion

Regular
Thanks simon but im after the alloy version because its only my first roadie and I think the expense of a carbon bike would not go down well with the Mrs. Good luck with the sale though!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Bought quite a few things from Planet X including a Ti bike. Service tends to be ok but the one thing I did notice is that the Planet X branded hubs that came on the Ti bike were made of cheese. I think I got about 1000 miles out of them. Still it's no bother to stick decent hubs on when required.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Same as above- never bought a bike from them but the clothes/ parts/ accessories I have bought never a problem!

OP
OP
Piemanpaul

Piemanpaul

Regular
Great, thanks all, I went to the shop in Rotherham yesterday and had a go on the RT-57 on the runners. Bikes looked nice, I think it may be top of my list at the moment, especially with full set ultegra as well.

Top Bottom